• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 27, 2024, 08:56:52 PM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

New BJCP course bossman

Started by admin, January 15, 2014, 08:39:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

admin

Me!

Padraic has asked me to take over and see it through, which I'm of course delighted to do!  O0 :'(

Padraic has done an absolutely superb job of getting it this far and we'll be his debt for quite some time!

Will_D

Quote from: iTube on January 15, 2014, 08:39:51 PM
Me!
Padraic has done an absolutely superb job of getting it this far and we'll be his debt for quite some time!
+1 on that!

So Mr Boss why is the exam starting at 9:30?

I ask because some people will be flying in to Dublin on Friday evenning. Also the travellers from around the country! (Donnegal, Belfast, Cork, North Side)

Is the early start to suit the venue or ensure that we can all attend Altec at 12:00?

If the first: Then change the venue

If the second: If we started at 12 we would be in Altec by 2 pm

Or is there even a third option!
Remember: The Nationals are just round the corner - time to get brewing

brenmurph

I agree completelywith will
we have had ( those of us that were ontime every time and attended all the course days) have witnessed consistent examples of people whos first bus gets them into dublin at 10am for example.
I think ( open to correction) that BJCP recomends testing around lunchtime of after and I ( if that is the case) with that timing.
people may need transport from far away places like donegal, cork and so on and those not travelling may benefit from a not still being asleep while taking that exam..... :) :)

9.30 makes it difficult to get us from Kildare aswell. Do u want us to pay another 150 quid to hire a hotel and come up the night before?

love to see more opiniions, my humble opinion is that this time is not suitable generally and for many individuals.

if I am the only one feeling this way ( besides will) I will go with it, however......

Tom

The earlier the better for me, but ten (or even a little later) suits fine also.

Good man for leading us to the finish line, iTube.

brenmurph

@ Tom
Gud man TOM the 4am Express!

@ Tube
Was 39.50 :).  was wondering is there a real reason its so early in the morn?

@ everyone
any more comments welcome, our bus is every hour @ 25 to the hour from 9.35 on gets us into dublin at 10.15 then 15 minutes walk to the venue the previous bus lands us in dublin at 9pm and still a 15 minute walk.

@ everyone on the course travelling....deres B&B in our place so for example John rm or anyone wanting to stay over we can offer free digs, great food and plenty nice beer on tap, if it helps not to have to travel half the night

brenmurph

thats grand, we wil work it out :)

Rossa

I'll see what I can do. If it means I can't do the exam this time around then so be it.

Will_D

Thats fine by me. I was only thinking about the longer distance travellers!

So its now a 10:00 start is it?

brenmurph

we have no problems, with altech on an all that early is grand.

I was just acting as spokesman for the ones that travel and there wasnt much debate about how everyone is getting there by 9 as will suggested.

first bus outa kildare is 8. 20, think it gets to dublin at 9.05. Only other option is train at 16-20 euros each + luas cost. the bus is a fiver each and quicker thats why we use it.

Si Im guessing a brisk walk to the venue ( someone tell me) is wat 15 mins?  9.30 is the realistic time we arrive to the test centre

brenmurph

walk thanks.........get some blood to the brain cells  :)

so wat time is kick off half 9 or 10? we wil put it in diary

Rossa

So , there for 09.30 exam at 10.00 sharp? 90 minute duration.

Will_D

Shane, Have you enough stewards? With 20 judges to service you will need 3 or 4!

Note to Stewards. You should get points for this!

Also the Alltecg gig opens at 12 so you will not miss anything!

See you tomorrow.

What time will Lagoona physically open its doors - don't want to be late.

Also REMEMBER YOUR CERTIFICATES!

Tom

Sorry Will, didn't catch that bit about certificates... :P

You know how this works Will, you'll be the only one who forgets!

Will_D

Quote from: Tom on February 07, 2014, 10:36:41 AM
Sorry Will, didn't catch that bit about certificates... :P

You know how this works Will, you'll be the only one who forgets!
No way - its tattooed on me A**e  ???

Hop Bomb

How many beers will we be tasting/scoring?
On tap: Flanders, Gose,
Fermenting: Oatmeal Brown, 200ish Fathoms,
Ageing: bretted 1890 export stout.
To brew:  2015 RIS, Kellerbier, Altbier.