• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
May 30, 2024, 09:41:48 PM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

2017 National Brewing Championships

Started by irish_goat, December 19, 2016, 02:21:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

irish_goat

December 19, 2016, 02:21:15 PM Last Edit: December 19, 2016, 04:24:29 PM by irish_goat
Folks, its Nationals time again!

The first leg will be in Lock 13, Sallins with the South Kildare Homebrewers hosting.
The second leg and BOS will take place in Alfie Byrne's, Dublin.

NHC full members only. (For membership and benefits click here)
Limit of 1 beer per subcategory per entrant.
There is a limit of 5 beers per brewer so only enter your best!
Flat fee of EUR5 per entry.
Full details will be available on the National Brewing Championships website.
Medal categories will be announced closer to the date and will be subject to change depending on category entry numbers.

Registration open now. http://www.nationalhomebrewclub.ie/competition/index.php

Dates for your diary...
Tuesday January 31 - Registration Closes
Sunday 5th February - Drop off Points Close
Saturday 18th February - Sallins
Saturday 4th March - Dublin

This event can only happen with your input - your entries, stewarding and judging and support. Also, in a change to usual proceedings, we won't be able to rely on CH to do all the donkey work as in previous years. The work John put in was second to none and went well beyond the call of duty. It'll be a test for the NHC but I'm confident we'll be able to pull through. :)

Best of luck to all brewers! Stay tuned for prize announcements!  ;)

mick02

Great to see my local Lock 13 hosting the first leg.

Looking forward to the competition.

Good luck to all entrants.
NHC Committee member

Pheeel

Feel free to delete this post after fixed:
1. No dropdown for the clubs?
2. Stewarding text is wrong: Stewarding Are you willing and qualified to serve as a judge in this competition?
Issues with your membership? PM me!

irish_goat

Quote from: Pheeel on December 19, 2016, 03:32:57 PM
Feel free to delete this post after fixed:
1. No dropdown for the clubs?
2. Stewarding text is wrong: Stewarding Are you willing and qualified to serve as a judge in this competition?

1. Will have to look into that.
2. You sure? It's coming up grand for me.

Pheeel

Weird the stewards text shows fine now! It was on the first page before it prompted me to fill out my judge details

Pheeel

Quote from: irish_goat on December 19, 2016, 02:21:15 PM
Dates for your diary...
Tuesday January 31 - Drop points close
Saturday 18th February - Sallins
Saturday 4th March - Dublin

Am I reading this wrong? Website disagrees with drop off close date
Entry bottles accepted at drop-off locations 01/01/2017 at 01:00, GMT through 10/02/2017 at 01:00, GMT.

irish_goat

Well spotted. Registration closes on Jan 31, not drop points.

We've set a date of 5th February for all entries to be at drop points but you are best to liaise with your local club reps as they are in the best position to advise on when they are able to accept entries.

helmet

Is cat. 31 Alternative Fermentable left off the list intentionally? If so, where would a rye ale fit?

Pheeel

Quote from: irish_goat on December 19, 2016, 04:27:00 PM
Well spotted. Registration closes on Jan 31, not drop points.

We've set a date of 5th February for all entries to be at drop points but you are best to liaise with your local club reps as they are in the best position to advise on when they are able to accept entries.

Phew! Was squeaky bum time there for a bit!!

Leann ull

Looks good guys

Apart from a BOS is there a best brewer prize this year and how are you working it out, same question re Club Comp?

bachus

Dominik (bachus)

delzep

5 entries max means a maximum of 250 points for a brewer to score - will there be a prize for highest scoring brewer in total? Just a thought

irish_goat

Wine was debated long and hard but 2 factors swung it. Firstly, Dunkel who helped organise last year's judging is flat out with running his new shop and secondly, we feel like wine always gets lost on the day.

So, Dunkel has kindly offered to host an NHC wine competition in the summer at Homebrew Centre and offer some prizes as sponsorship as well. I think that'll work out better for all concerned.

irish_goat

Quote from: CH on December 19, 2016, 07:30:28 PM
Looks good guys

Apart from a BOS is there a best brewer prize this year and how are you working it out, same question re Club Comp?

Yes, there is a top prize for both the Best of Show beer and the Best Brewer. Will open a thread with the points breakdown for those.

JDC

Forgive me if I'm commenting on the wrong thread, but who should I contact if I'm having trouble registering for the Nationals?  I went to the link above and registered, but had an issue along the way.  I now can't re-register as I get 'The email address you entered is already in use. Please choose another.'.  I can log in, but all my info is blank and I can't edit anything or add an entry, so I'm stuck in no man's land.  Have tried on phone, PC, laptop, Firefox and Internet Explorer, but hitting the same problem on all.
Garden County Brewers

https://gcbrewers.wordpress.com/

Give a man a beer, waste an hour. Teach a man to brew, and waste a lifetime!