• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 28, 2024, 12:49:46 AM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Speigel tent ebrington

Started by beanstalk, December 06, 2014, 04:42:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

beanstalk

Hi all. Drinking a Cloughmore Heather IPA in here at the minute. Long lasting bitterness at the end, not too sharp. Not sure where the heather is coming in but its ok. They've got some fulcrum, hopplehammer and a load good few Weiss beers too.

beanstalk

The heather ipa is definitely nicer when warmed up a little. Moving onto fulcrum now...

beanstalk

Fulcrum is nice. Maybe overcarbonated a little. Crazy head when I poured it. Banana-y. Not bad. They do have erdinger winterbier on the list too tho...

Chris de burgh playing over loudspeaker. Oh dear...

irish_goat

Have tried to enjoy Fulcrum but it just doesn't do it for me. Weird yeasty taste off it.

Going to try and get a run over to the market someday this week.

beanstalk

Yeah I find it ok. Way too carbonated tho. Wee bubble ambush with every sip gets in way of the taste.

Next up, either a Santa Claus Christmas ale or a hoppelhammer. Don't know who the breweries are yet, doesnt say on menu...

Tried the trouble brewing wheat beer in Letterkenny recently and that didn't do it for me at all. So far removed from German style.

irish_goat

Sanity Claus and Hopplehammer are made by Whitewater. Fulcrum is contract brewed at Hilden.

beanstalk

Hah ok 'sanity claus'. Dark in here and menu hard to read. I was thinking to myself 'jeez Santa Claus Christmas ale is a pretty uninspiring name'!  :D

Tom

How long's the tent there for? Must get a look in this week. The heather IPA is ace.

beanstalk

I think its gonna be here till at least Christmas. Pure washout here at the minute. The empty merry-go-round makes it look like some kind of post Apocolyptic nightmare. Tent is lovely tho!

beanstalk

Hah all the beers look incredible in the glass cus there's loads of red and purple lights in here. Got the sanity Claus. Not what I was expecting. Weird smell, like Bridie's fish and chips (swear to god) but tastes great, very malty/biscuity.

beanstalk

The rain on the tent roof is drowning out the new band aid song. That's not necessarily a bad thing.