• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
March 28, 2024, 12:28:07 PM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

[Review] Bulldog Triple Tykes Special Export Ale - 4kg Kit

Started by Garry, April 15, 2013, 11:14:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LordEoin

I've never sanitized my scissors and I've never got an infection.
But better safe than sorry, sanitize everything you can think of.

Garry

June 08, 2013, 07:18:36 PM #31 Last Edit: June 08, 2013, 07:37:32 PM by Garry
I think this kit just needs a bit of time. I'm drinking one now and it's growing on me  :)

I bought the cerveza kit since (the 5 euro fermenter had nothing to do with it!) It's the perfect summer drink. My Coors lite drinking buddys are loving it  :)

derfel

That's good to hear, I've mine on the go now. I'm looking forward to trying it, but not to waiting :)

LordEoin

If it's the Coopers' Mexican Cerveza I like it.
Very simple, refreshing and easy to drink   :)

Garry

LordEoin

Garry

I took 20 or so bottles of this to the Expo in the Franciscan Well on Saturday. I wasn't on the bar myself but all the bottles were drank and it got positive reviews. The few people that I talked to were very surprised that it was a straight kit with no hacks  :)

LordEoin

Good man. Shame I couldn't come. New baby and kitten have me housebound at the moment.

Garry

Quote from: LordEoin on June 24, 2013, 01:15:57 PM
Good man. Shame I couldn't come. New baby and kitten have me housebound at the moment.

Congrats to yourself and LadyEoin. Buachaill or cailín? (The child not the kitten!)

I hear the internets are crying out for more pics of cute spogs and kittens! We probably won't be seeing too much of you round here anymore :(

johnrm

Congrats Eoin and Missus!
Pitter patter and all that.

LordEoin

Cheers folks, but Y U no Interest in my kitten. His name's Rumples and he's super cute.. Oh, and the child is a boy  ;)
I'll be out and about again soon enough!

johnrm

Rumples? As in Rumplestiltskin?
Did you promise away your first-born etc.

I'm not fond of cats.
(but a tad less fond of rats)
We have a dog.
I gathered about 3KG of shit yesterday so I could cut the (small) lawn.
Correction, My wife has a dog.
The 3KG of finest Black Moroccan is stacked in the middle of the lawn for my missus to Deal (with).

LordEoin

AHA! Now I know why my mother gave me a dirty look when I introduced her to Rumplestiltskin (yes, that's the long version) i completely forgot about the whole promise of my firstborn... Ah well, Simon better keep an eye out...
I have a dog too. It's easier just to mow the shit. It shoots off to th side with any dead birds/rats the cat brings home.
Nature at its finest  ;D

Kieran the Human

Great stuff Garry, the fermentation chamber looks brilliant - you've inspired me to make one of my own. Where did you get the aeroboard? I can't seem to find anywhere to buy it near me.
Give a man a beer, waste an hour. Teach a man to brew, and waste a lifetime!

Garry

Quote from: Beer Baron on July 19, 2013, 02:58:53 PM
Great stuff Garry, the fermentation chamber looks brilliant - you've inspired me to make one of my own. Where did you get the aeroboard? I can't seem to find anywhere to buy it near me.

I got the insulation in MD O'Sheas in Ballincollig. It should be available in most builders providers though? if you can stretch the budget I'd go for the yellow dense insulation instead of aeroboard. it would be more durable and a bit more efficient too.