• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
May 14, 2024, 05:46:10 PM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

New Keezer for the Liffey Brewers ;p Lucan

Started by magnethead, February 23, 2013, 05:33:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

magnethead

Just put together my new Keezer, not too difficult but pleasing to pour draught for the first time in my life :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pc2n15Scs4&feature=youtu.be

Ciderhead

nice job especially the paint!
2 bar, are you force carbing something?

magnethead

Nah, It's just mixed gas I use for pushing the Kegs...The Kegs are already carbonated....I just wanted to kick the beer taps in the nuts :) first time using the setup and wanted to see how well the taps could control the pressure without worry about all that "line balancing" stuff...I put a 50cm line on that weisbier but the other two ales are on a 30cm line and pour fine too ;p.....Very happy with it, even though the girlfriend calls me an alcoholic EVERY time I pour a pint....Sometimes I think they just can't watch a man be happy!!

DEMPSEY

Looks great Nathan. You were bending down a bit while pouring,why not get some kitchen furniture legs and raise it off the floor to make it easier to pour. :)
Dei miscendarum discipulus
Forgive us our Hangovers as we forgive those who hangover against us

magnethead

Fair play ;p.....Hadn't even thought about ergonomics :) ....just glad to have the draught working!! THe Taps are at HIP height so I guess that could be a problem over the night...but I sure I can find enough volunteers to pull pints, and if we all take it in turn, back pain will be minimized LOL

Here's a few build steps
http://s679.beta.photobucket.com/user/magnethead123/library/Keezer

Stitch

magnethead

The Door is always open Stitch ;p....One tap has the St Peters Ruby Red Kit which I wasn't 100% happy with....Looking forward to getting a Stout going on the end tap and hooking up the Nitro setup....Should be soon..

Might stick a fifth tap on the Keezer eventually as it's take another Keg inside no problem.

Stitch

The more you fill it the more efficient it will be. Negotiations have started here by the way. Is that the cylinder for D&D??? Sorry did not get a chance to call you back was stuck in work till after 9!!!

Stitch

Just looking at the video again. I had the same problem as I had no drip tray and found that a glass works a lot better under the tap. Please sucking on damp tissue is no where near as nice as drinking from a glass at the end of the night!!! :-?

Ciderhead

Can I ask why you didn't put your gas on the shelf above the compressor as obviously colder gas is more easily absorbed, is it too bit to fit?
Were the hinges tricky to unmount and remount on the timber?

magnethead

Hiya, no the build was a piece of cake...hinges just screwed out and went back on, just as easy..

The Collar on the bottle is about 1 inch too big if sitting on the shelf..but anyway the plan is to use that area for putting bottles on and I have a basket that will fit in and hold a second layer of bottles over that  :P

rukkus

Where did you pick up that nice gas manifold?

magnethead

All the gas parts, disconnects..etc were picked up at http://www.northernbrewer.com/ because we have lads coming over from our american branch all the time so it's no problem getting around the shipping and import duty :)

mcgrath

QuoteLooks great Nathan. You were bending down a bit while pouring,why not get some kitchen furniture legs and raise it off the floor to make it easier to pour. :)
Stick some legs on it and slide the cot underneath.. Problem solved!! A baby, beer bunkbed.