• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 27, 2024, 07:04:14 PM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Welcome!

Started by CARA, January 08, 2013, 10:56:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CARA

As far as I'm aware there aren't any Maiden City heads in the National Home Brew Club apart from myself and Tom (or is he Donegal?) so welcome, wipe your feet and have a look around!
Details of the inaugural Maiden City Brewers meet up shall follow in the coming days, in the mean time, make yourselves at home!!!
Upa Sesh

michael mc laughlin

Hello Everyone, great that this started off the back of a misread tweet, Im the manager of Legenderry Warehouse No.1 beside the guildhall and id like to invite everyone for a chat some evening soon, know nothing about home brewing but would love to learn, ive had one attempt at a truly horrible inmate brew but thats about it.

let me know an evening that suits anytime after next week and ill clear with the powers that be.

thanks

Michael

irish_goat

Well I can't imagine there'll ever be a Lisfannon brewer's club so Derry will have to do.

My brother and one of his friend's both brew so they might be interested as well.

What is Legenderry Warehouse No.1?

CARA

It's a new cafe opened by the Guildhall, Donal from Harrys in bridgend is involved, well worth a nosy!

That's at least 5 people so far happy days!!
Upa Sesh

Tom

Yeah, I'm Inishowen end of Donegal, so handy enough. Wouldn't mind poking my nose/2c in!

cushty1982

Hi, I live in Derry also and am startin to get into homebrew. Love my ale and have a mate thats also gettin into homebrew so thats another 2 for ur club if yous start one up. Love to hear any tips yous have.

Tom

Yay! *starts singing Sister Sledge "we are family" *

My top tip: Get a good tin opener. You'll go through sh1t ones at a hell of a lick if you do homebrew kits.

irish_goat

There's a health food shop in Limavady now selling a small amount of homebrew supplies. Just be careful though as the hops my brother bought recently were from the 2010 harvest. :/

cushty1982

cool. whats it called?

CARA

Welcome Cushty!! Focus is on the competition for the next couple of weeks but we'll be getting something off the ground just after. I'll keep you posted!
Upa Sesh

Marty

I would be interested in attending any planned meeting too. I'm in south Donegal and at the moment I'm brewing beer and wine from kits. I suppose that's how all home brewers start though. I've been brewing for about 15 years this way but would be interested in learning a bit more about making my own beer.

CARA

Welcome Marty! The forum is a wealth of knowledge and everyone is dead on. A meet up for the NW area is being planned for March or April-hopefully the latter. Keep an eye here for updates and make yourself at home.
Upa Sesh

Tom

Welcome Marty.

Just a heads up for yous: Grand Central bar stocks Schihallions (or whatever) from Belfast, and some Armagh cider. And Cobra on tap! That's in addition to Sandinos, which we all know about.