• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
March 29, 2024, 08:55:34 AM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Whiskey Barrel

Started by Ciderhead, March 26, 2013, 12:21:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

joc

Quote from: Paddy Bubbles on April 18, 2013, 03:35:16 PM
:D :D

I am a Wicklow brewer dude! I just happen to keep my porter barrel in Dublin..

Garden County Brewers, in all seriousness... I think you should defect to the South Dublin barrel. I've seen the Wicklow recipe and I just don't think it's up to scratch for you highly-accomplished brewers!!  ;) ;) :D :D

Anyway, I'm not poaching per se. If people want some variety and want to contribute to a second barrel, come on in.  :P

Thats pretty impressive that you've seen the Wicklow recipe as its still in the safe.
Secret handshake tonight Masons! interlopers will be treated in normal wicklow fashion.

Bubbles

:D :D :D :D :D :D

I have no reply!! Words fail me!!!!

Damo

Lads,

Took delivery of our Barrel this evening :)

As always a big thank you to John. and in particular to Cara for finding these babies.

Ciderhead

Ok chaps any that have not been on email re recipe pm me, we are emailing as some poor lost souls are not on the NHC :(
All ingredients including base malts have been secured, thanks to a couple of local brewers that had reserves.

Ingredient packs including liquid yeast will be made up on Tuesday for the 10x20L batches, 7-10 Days to get your brew on with insertion date end of Week 22 subject to fermentation.

Costs attributed at point of insertion. "Ya pays when ya stick in in" ;)

The Bray Brauhaus nursery is also now in baby prep mode having a dedicated "stand" constructed to allow easy inspection and siphoning 8).

CARA

Speaking of the stand-I forgot to take a "calendar" outline
Upa Sesh

DrunkAzaSkunk

I heard tehre were wikla heads meeting in Hollands Bray

When's the next meet?

Is anyone growing their own hops or any other ingredient that they are going to brew with?

Ciderhead

We met already, it was posted on the NHC front page.
You are about 3 weeks too late for The wicklow barrel project  :'( where you based?
We will meet in June again in Hollands, watch this space.

Ciderhead

May 01, 2013, 02:25:52 AM #22 Last Edit: May 01, 2013, 02:59:13 AM by Ciderhead
If you ever wanted to know what it takes to make 200l of beer.

Wicklow get their lunches packed, I have them spoilt ;D

Shane Phelan

That is epic. We need a gallery for all this type of stuff!
Brew Log

Oisin

Bubbles

All,

The publishing team are currently look at the best ways of documenting the NHC's fantastic "Barrel Project". We've decided to create and publish a series of articles on the project over the next 6 months or so.

The series will cover technical aspects of aging beer in barrels, purchase and delivery of the said items as well as a report from each individual club barrel at various stages of the process.

To achieve this aim, we will need a nominated representative from each barrel project who is willing to supply us with the necessary information like recipe, barrel siting, filling, tasting notes, competition success etc. Photos would be great too, if you have any. If you're interested in being your project's rep, can you attach your name to the thread below?

http://nationalhomebrewclub.com/forum/index.php/topic,2611.0.html

Many thanks,
Conor.

halite

Wicklow RIS is in the barrell. 197 L to the brim at an estimated 9.2%  :)

halite

Some Pics from last nights fill:

Ciderhead

July 16, 2013, 11:14:23 PM #28 Last Edit: July 17, 2013, 09:54:16 AM by Ciderhead
Quick trip in to see her ladyship the other night as I missed the filling, thanks for all the outstanding funds chaps.
Found Damo stroking her in a just this side of legal way whispering, my precious, my precious.
We popped the cork, oh my sweet jesus, after a good alcohol bang I had full on RIS head staggers, fortunately Damo steadied me and we corked her again. We didn't dip our wicks just a sniff.
Gonna do a topper upper in the next week but she hasn't fallen a lot yet.
A taster will be brought to October meet and a control and I have to let you all have a try of the base ingredient 8)

DrunkAzaSkunk

looks great - I'd love to come along to the next group visit?

How long does it take till she's drinkable?