• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
May 16, 2024, 02:08:57 AM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

South Dublin Brewers - Next Meet - Thursday, 26th May

Started by Bubbles, May 15, 2016, 10:33:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

molc

Fermenting: IPA, Lambic, Mead
Conditioning: Lambic, Cider, RIS, Ole Ale, Saison
On Tap: IPA, Helles, Best Bitter

ronnieb

1. Bubbles - Citra Pale Ale
2. Molc - Sweet stout
3. Craiclad - Munich Helles, Ginger Beer
4. Steve - mooching
5. David - Smash lager
6. RonnieB - Cider

Bubbles

bachus

1. Bubbles - Citra Pale Ale
2. Molc - Sweet stout
3. Craiclad - Munich Helles, Ginger Beer
4. Steve - mooching
5. David - Smash lager
6. RonnieB - Cider
7. bachus - some mead of course
Dominik (bachus)

Bubbles

Nice to meet you, Steve. Hope to see you again next month.

"Beer" of the night for me, and I'm guessing most of you, would be craiclad's ginger beer. Better than any commercial ginger beer I've ever tried.

Great range of bevvies tonight - Ronnie's cider was excellent and bachus' blueberry mead .. Spectacular as always..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

molc

Great night and man, that ginger beer! Think I'm still a bit tipsy - glad I don't have to work any heavy machinery this morning :)
Fermenting: IPA, Lambic, Mead
Conditioning: Lambic, Cider, RIS, Ole Ale, Saison
On Tap: IPA, Helles, Best Bitter

Bubbles

Calypso Berliner Weiss on tap and jalapeno pretzel pieces.. My stomach is ropy this morning! :)

I'm thinking how an artificially sweetened version of the ginger might work. Though the reason it was so nice is largely due to the fact that it was sweetened 'naturally'.

I'm not sure I'd like a keg of it, but an occasional bottle would be great. Maybe pastuerising would work well if bottle conditioning.

I'd love to taste those flavours in a mead also.

craiclad

Fantastic night last night, very happy at the positive feedback on my ginger beer. If anyone would like the recipe feel free to PM me and I'll pass it along. Or I could post it up on the recipes board if people would prefer.

Very simple to whip up if you have the means to force carbonate. I suppose you could bottle condition and then pasteurise at the desired carbonation, I have read of others having success with that method as well.