• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 27, 2024, 06:56:53 AM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

First Kerry meet

Started by davebhoy1975, September 04, 2016, 10:55:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

davebhoy1975

It ain't looking good Danny. Me and you so far mate.

BigDanny84

Quote from: davebhoy1975 on October 12, 2016, 03:49:24 PM
It ain't looking good Danny. Me and you so far mate.

Ya man and the only beer I have is only bottled a week. Should we postpone?

I'd be happy to meet up in a week or two when my beer is ready even if it is just the two of us. This Kerry club has to start somewhere....

davebhoy1975

Yea let's postpone and re arrange for next Thursday. The latest we can do the brewery tour is 6:30. So if people want to do it later, I'll organise a bar in town. Probably Courtney's as they have a large selection of craft beers. Or the new whiskey bar as they have a good selection on tap. So either 6:30 for the tour or 8:30 in a bar.

I have 2 bottled at the moment. 2 in fermenters and a 19 ltr keg that's getting tapped tonight :)

Your right though, hail rain or shine let's do next week even if it's only the both of us.

BigDanny84

That's fine with me, my beer should be close by then. I'd be anxious to do the tour as I haven't been on it before. You have been pretty busy lately.

davebhoy1975

I'd be happy to do the tour and then meet the lads after if that suits.

davebhoy1975

Ok Lads. For any one who wants to do the tour, Myself and Danny are going this Thursday, the tour starts at 6:30pm. Then for anyone else who wants to meet up for the first Kerry home-brew club meet, we can meet in the whiskey bar in Killarney at 8:00pm for a couple of tasters and a chat. If any one has some fancy homemade equipment they want to show off or if any one wants to discuss anything in particular then speak up and don't be shy. I'll bring my homemade mash tun as back up in case no one else wants to do 'show and tell'.

If any of the lads from the other brew clubs would like to do the tour or come give us some pointers/share some views etc please let us know.

Hopefully this doesn't just end up me and you Danny :-X but if it does then so be it.

Let me know who's in and who's out please.

Cheers lads
Dave

BigDanny84

Trying to get Gugs44 to go too, not that easy but I will keep pestering him. Surely there are more Kerry brewers that want to show off their beers?

Gugs44

Apologies chaps, I have not been on lately but I'm a definite for Thursday evening and I'll bring what I have bottled, a black ipa and a milk stout, looking forward to getting this club rolling

See ye then

Will_D

Never give up on meets.

The secret is consitency - pick a day of the month that suits you both and stick to it. Clubs that put up polls often fail to maximize attendance.

The very first North County Meet was attened by 1 person (me)

We soon went on to have two regular meets in the month.
Remember: The Nationals are just round the corner - time to get brewing

nigel_c

Quote from: Will_D on October 17, 2016, 09:40:13 PM

The very first North County Meet was attened by 1 person (me)

Was also one of the rowdiest and joint high score of most pint glasses knicked from a pub.  ;D

Will_D

True. that's why I never went back!!
Remember: The Nationals are just round the corner - time to get brewing

LordEoin

I agree with Will here. If you keep setting and cancelling dates you're guaranteed a turnout of 0.
If you stick to the planned date and only get 3 or 4 people, you're still ahead and more likely to have numbers increase each month once they see some photos and hear about the great beer shared out.

BigDanny84

Ya looking forward to getting the ball rolling now.