• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 28, 2024, 10:43:33 PM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

South Dublin brewers communal brewday discussion

Started by Shanna, February 12, 2017, 12:27:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shanna

Quote from: molc on May 28, 2017, 06:05:27 PM
http://www.geterbrewed.ie/wyeast-west-yorkshire-ale-1469/

They shoe as in stock, though you can never trust the website I've found. :/ Shane is doing a white labs order on the Hbc thread if needed as well.
Thanks had missed that so updated it there with a request for 4.

Shanna
Cornie keg group buy organiser, storeman & distribution point
Hops Group buy packer
Regulator & Taps distribution point
Stainless Steel Fermenter Group Buy Organiser
South Dublin Brewers member

molc

Fermenting: IPA, Lambic, Mead
Conditioning: Lambic, Cider, RIS, Ole Ale, Saison
On Tap: IPA, Helles, Best Bitter

Shanna

Quote from: molc on May 29, 2017, 09:30:54 PM
Why so many packs?
I want to have some spare but also to allow it bot be grown up separately.

Shanna
Hops Group buy packer

molc

Remind me to bring a few slants on the day so you can keep some clean samples in the fridge as well.

Shanna

Quote from: molc on May 29, 2017, 09:53:02 PM
Remind me to bring a few slants on the day so you can keep some clean samples in the fridge as well.
So that reminds me I have a bag of vials, a pressure cooker & agar. Maybe you feel like doing a slanting session in between the mash doing its thing  ;)

Shanna
Hops Group buy packer

Shanna

So going to fix the date here to be Saturday the 29th of July. Hoping to start early enough in the morning around 11:00 so that we can get the brewing & cleanup finished by mid afternoon. That should allow enough time to sort out some food on the grill and have still allow people to get to the dart if need be.

Shanna 
Hops Group buy packer

molc

Quote from: Shanna on May 31, 2017, 01:54:45 PM
So that reminds me I have a bag of vials, a pressure cooker & agar. Maybe you feel like doing a slanting session in between the mash doing its thing  ;)

Shanna
Cool! That means I can actually be useful! How many vials will you be doing and I'll do up a step by step guide for the day (I'll need it as much as anyone!)

Shanna

Quote from: molc on May 31, 2017, 02:48:16 PM
Quote from: Shanna on May 31, 2017, 01:54:45 PM

Shanna
Cool! That means I can actually be useful! How many vials will you be doing and I'll do up a step by step guide for the day (I'll need it as much as anyone!)
More interested in the process than the number of vials. However let's say 6 for sake of argument.

Shanna
Hops Group buy packer

molc

No worries. Generally I fill the pressure cooker as it's as easy to do a few or many.

Shanna

Just a quick update that yesterday I ordered the grain, extract, hops & yeast. For any lurkers out there please PM me if your interested in coming along.

Shanna
Hops Group buy packer

Shanna

Just a quick reminder to South Dublin brewers that communal brewday of a Timothy Taylor landlord clone is going to take place in two weeks time on Saturday the 29th of July. Kick off @11:00am. Doing four brews of the same brew including extract, gas 3 vessel all.grain, electric 3 vessel all grain & grain father. Will have a barbeque & a few beers afterwards. Hoping to do some slants & maybe a bit of electronic assembly time permitting. Should be a great day & all welcome. If you want to attend please PM me 4 location details.

Shanna
Hops Group buy packer

Shanna

Quote from: Shanna on July 15, 2017, 06:13:39 PM
Just a quick reminder to South Dublin brewers that communal brewday of a Timothy Taylor landlord clone is going to take place in two weeks time on Saturday the 29th of July. Kick off @11:00am. Doing four brews of the same brew including extract, gas 3 vessel all.grain, electric 3 vessel all grain & grain father. Will have a barbeque & a few beers afterwards. Hoping to do some slants & maybe a bit of electronic assembly time permitting. Should be a great day & all welcome. If you want to attend please PM me 4 location details.

Shanna
Last call for this. 1st yeast starters will be going on from tonight & I am working my way through trying to clean out some of the crap from my garage. It promises to be a busy week.

Shanna
Hops Group buy packer

Shanna

Apologies I should have posted here that South Dublin meet for July being cancelled/rescheduled. Instead of having it in the Dark Horse on the last Thursday of the month we are going to do it in my house on Saturday as part of the brewday.if your a regular participant @our meets just welcome to come along. If you have not been @my house send me a DM for details. Kick off is @11:00 till late. 4 different takes on the same beer, same recipe (bar the extract) same grain batch, same yeast, same water but 3 different brewers & 4 different techniques. Can't wait for the tasting.

Brewing first, followed by a few beers and some gas grilled food, hole the weather appears and if your around you can come and join us.

Shanna
Hops Group buy packer