• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 27, 2024, 08:50:31 PM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

South Eastern Brewers

Started by Daves Beer/Ale, August 04, 2018, 07:00:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheSumOfAllBeers

Bumping this.

Is there any homebrewing going on still in waterford? Is this forum still the best place to get in touch with other brewers in the area? Or has it all moved onto Snap/Tube/Gram/Chat/R

ac13

Quote from: TheSumOfAllBeers on January 22, 2019, 11:55:51 PM
Okay so we landed. Both of us settled into jobs, little un into creche, and i am thinking about first brewday, or a potential meetup.

Living near the regional hospital, but i find it easy to get around if anyone wants to meet in town / anywhere different.

If anyone wants to join me for a brewday, that can be arranged too, whenever i get properly setup.

I'd be interested in getting something organised, based about 25 mins out of Waterford city.

There is a home brew club operating out the the Beer Keeper at the moment I believe. Group is on facebook as "Waterford Home Brewing & Craft Beer Club.". I haven't made it to any of their meets as of yet and there doesn't seem to be much activity on FB either.

TheSumOfAllBeers

Noted. I passed by that place over the weekend, and its now owned by Franciscan Well.

Have signed up to the FB group and will see about rousing some interest.

While the temps are still cold, and I still have no temp control, would be tempted to make a lager (i have loads of pils malt). Brewing would be outdoors, so proper weather gear essential.

TheSumOfAllBeers

Correction: I got some replies from the beer keeper pub and they say they are under the same management. But it was over FB so probably a bit confused. Doubt if there is much of a HB club there any more.

Would be keen to start one up again. Spent 5-6 years as an active member of London Amateur Brewers (including 2 years as the chairman) would like to have something similar here. We did some awesome stuff over the years.

Next weekend I am scheduling in a brew day. I have about 30Kg of malt that isnt turning itself into beer on its own.

If anyone is keen to turn up to a brew day, I live near the regional hospital. PM if you are interested.