• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 27, 2024, 11:18:50 PM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Limerick meet up

Started by Chris, May 09, 2013, 02:13:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris

Ive started this thread to see if there would be sufficient numbers for a limerick meet up. I was thinking of next Thursday May 16th venue to be agreed.
Primary: Back to Black Again (Michael Jackson stout)
Secondary:
Conditioning:  Breac Donn Imperial Amber Ale
Drinking: Cascade Reaction Amber Ale, Fear Gorm Irish stout, lonesome pilgrim pale ale
Planned: imperial stout, finlandia kit hack

Chris

Secondary:
Drinking: Cascade Reaction Amber Ale, Fear Gorm Irish stout, lonesome pilgrim pale ale

Partridge9

I get down to Limerick a bit - the better half is from there.

Dont think I'll be there on Thursday - but I'll make one of them over the summer alright

Adrianok

I'll be there. looking forward to it     :D
I should have a couple of extract ales and a stout ready for sampling.
We should keep that in mind when choosing a pub, some may not like us opening our own hooch.
Great stuff.

1.Chris
2.Adrian

Chris

If we get the numbers we can look at a venue and make enquiries. The reason I picked the 16th is just to have a date in the not too distant future ( and I'm in limerick that evening)

I was thinking,
Dr johns,
Curragower
O' Connells (Old Quarter)
All stock craft, I don't think the Curragower would mind us sampling our own. I can't speak for the other two.
Secondary:

Chris

So far,
Chris
Adrianok
Sammy7p
Secondary:

Chris

Just going to bump this, I know there must be more people in limerick interested in a meet up.
Secondary:

Chris

Guys I'm going to be in the blind pig on Thursday for a couple of pints around 9pm. I would suggest we don't have a tasting this time but if a few people turn up we could discuss a proper meet up and put the idea to the staff at the same time.
Secondary:

brettdundee

Cool,
I'll try and get there. I'll email this link to a few other Limerick brewers I've met over last few years.

qazxsw

will try to get there - been quiet on the brewing front since xmas must make a start again...

johnrm

Welcome Brett and Garret.
Good to see you here!

Chris

Good to see a little interest. If we get this up and running cahalbrua has kindly offered to help out with an all grain demonstration some time in the future. I am now hoping to get in a big earlier on Thursday.
Secondary:

brettdundee

Looking forward to it.
Its a little known fact, but I believe that Limerick had the longest running home brew shop in Ireland until a few years ago. I remember my excitement when I stumbled across the shop in Thomas street, shortly after moving into the area in 2000. Brien, the owner, also established the only online shop in Ireland for ~5 years.
This would tend to indicate a sustained brewing interest in the area - possibly shy brewers  :P.
Last year, several Limerick brewers (new and old) met on the Beoir website and organized a road trip to the Franciscan Well beer festival where we sampled (I don't know how many) awesome Irish craft beers, and met some of the big beer bloggers of Ireland - all interesting and down to earth blokes. I wouldn't mind discussing another road trip on Thursday night.

johnrm

Brett, do you know who/where the brew shop owner is at all?

loftybush

I should be able to make this.
What time are you thinking so Chris?