• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
March 28, 2024, 10:01:34 AM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Reps?

Started by admin, May 20, 2013, 06:12:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

admin

Who are your reps? Want to sticky this. Thanks.

Ciderhead

May 20, 2013, 06:53:47 PM #1 Last Edit: May 20, 2013, 07:21:18 PM by Ciderhead
If you have to ask I'm not telling ya it was on the front page of the NHC 3-4 weeks back!  :-X :)

Actually theres a point where do front page articles go to die, I can't find it, in any case
"Damo has volunteered to lead the NHC charge from the front with his 1st Lieutenant, Ciderhead, representing Wicklow."
We are more of a collective in Wicklow and don't go for titles in any case will speak to Damo to see if he wants to be listed

Ciderhead

May 20, 2013, 07:52:02 PM #2 Last Edit: May 20, 2013, 08:08:52 PM by Ciderhead
I'm sure it will be fine but I'd prefer to wait for him to come back to me before making him the primary contact.

Can you elaborate on what "Reps are each club's conduit to the NHC" means in any case and expectations of the contacts?

Ciderhead

oops sorry phone rang before I hit post did you see that last comment?
I suppose I was asking what is the role of the Local Club Rep?

Ciderhead

Ok Damo and I have agreed to have our names in Lights so you can sticky us if you like thanks Tube.

Ciderhead

Quote from: Ciderhead on May 20, 2013, 07:52:02 PM
I'm sure it will be fine but I'd prefer to wait for him to come back to me before making him the primary contact.

Can you elaborate on what "Reps are each club's conduit to the NHC" means in any case and expectations of the contacts?

Ok this is what i think it should involve Damo as you are Wicklows number one listen up and anybody else, particularly nominated reps comments please;

This is not a job description and there are elements of this which are totally ott but just throwing a few ideas out there, whats missing?

1)Promote the NHC in the locality, through publicity, radio local media.
2)Organise Brewing Days and encorage visits from other associations.
3)Ensure membership fees are collected.
4) Facilitate with resources or drop storage/points distribution of Group Buys for local association, even though may not be directly involved.
5)Organise at least one group buy a year for national level.
6)Ensure that local voice concerns are heard and influences direction of the NHC
7)Assist and encourage new brewers by mentoring or direct local advice.
8)Try and get discounts at local affiliates which are relevant to homebrewers and will be used both at local and potentially at National level.
9)Co-ordinate and submit entries for National competition
10) Oh yeah and have fun!

I'm exhausted, Damo I'm out ;) 

Will_D

OMG,FFS, and other expeltives deleted !!

I agreed with Jacob to represent the NCB'ers at the NHC high level:

i.e. I would take a few pix, write the odd write up, deliver a few bits of stuff( :-[) etc.

How and ever reading John's list I think a salary is in order!!

BTW: Just Joking!!!
Remember: The Nationals are just round the corner - time to get brewing

Ciderhead

I cant help it if we have very high standards in Wicklow and are uber professional.
Relax it was just a brainstormfart, and Damos's doing the first 9, I voluteered for the last one, besides you are doing it with your eyes closed in any case!
Feel free to slash and burn ;)

Ciderhead

Quote from: Ciderhead on May 21, 2013, 11:19:36 PM
Quote from: Ciderhead on May 20, 2013, 07:52:02 PM

Ok this is what i think it should involve Damo as you are Wicklows number one listen up and anybody else, particularly nominated reps comments please;

This is not a job description and there are elements of this which are totally ott but just throwing a few ideas out there, whats missing?

1)Promote the NHC in the locality, through publicity, radio local media.
2)Organise Brewing Days and encorage visits from other associations.
3)Ensure membership fees are collected.
4) Facilitate with resources or drop storage/points distribution of Group Buys for local association, even though may not be directly involved.
5)Organise at least one group buy a year for national level.
6)Ensure that local voice concerns are heard and influences direction of the NHC
7)Assist and encourage new brewers by mentoring or direct local advice.
8)Try and get discounts at local affiliates which are relevant to homebrewers and will be used both at local and potentially at National level.
9)Co-ordinate and submit entries for National competition
10) Oh yeah and have fun!

I'm exhausted, Damo I'm out ;)

11)Write ups for front page.

And as the sun dawns and beats down on my Galway hangover, did I really write all that bs last night, ok well here is the slimmed down version, Damo, I'm still only up for No 10 ;)