• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 27, 2024, 05:59:14 PM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Hugo's Pils samples

Started by Chris, March 07, 2014, 09:40:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chris

Hi guys there is a new craft brewery In Coleman's well just outside Charleville on the Cork Limerick border. They are in the market research and product development stage. Their first beer Hugo's Pils has been available on draught at a few festivals. I have been given a few bottles to get feedback. I am in limerick tomorrow morning and have two bottles left unaccounted for. If anyone would like to try one and give feedback PM me.
Primary: Back to Black Again (Michael Jackson stout)
Secondary:
Conditioning:  Breac Donn Imperial Amber Ale
Drinking: Cascade Reaction Amber Ale, Fear Gorm Irish stout, lonesome pilgrim pale ale
Planned: imperial stout, finlandia kit hack

brenmurph

ahhh are the crafters getting into good pilsners...Love to see it happening more :)  If one of these passes up the M7 me and kkellie will gladly review it for them ;D

brettdundee

Great to see. Lookin forward to seeing it in the pubs!

DEMPSEY

Is it a true Pils or a lets call it a pils cause that sounds cool ::). Tasted a "pils" recently and it had so much diacetyl the honey beez's were chasing me around the bar. :o :(
Dei miscendarum discipulus
Forgive us our Hangovers as we forgive those who hangover against us

Chris

I'm no expert but I thought it was nice. Not very clear though. Quite a bit of chill haze. I'm going to see their set up at the weekend. I know they are looking for a larger premises as they are a bit cramped at the moment. I'll stick up a bit of an article with a few pics. I know they are already revenue compliant but are exploring their options with regard to marketing and distribution. They have also bought a bottling plant.
Secondary:
Drinking: Cascade Reaction Amber Ale, Fear Gorm Irish stout, lonesome pilgrim pale ale

Eoin

Chill haze suggests that the lagering phase is being skimped on.

Sent from my HTC One

Ciderhead

Or issues with yeast management or selection.
I'm wondering are they even filtering?, let us know Chris.

LordEoin

Chris

Quote from: LordEoin on March 11, 2014, 10:24:48 AM
bottling plant you say?
so they told me 33cl bottles. They haven't it set up yet as they are looking for a larger premises.
Secondary:

LordEoin

rats! i was actually passing through limerick this weekend and forgot all about this pils