• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 27, 2024, 03:11:34 PM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Craft Beer Sunday - 21st September

Started by admin, May 20, 2014, 02:53:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tom

If I can get a lend of a corny off you I'll brew up too.
I've a fermenter here for you too, Thomas.

irish_goat

Aye I can have a spare corny for you no prob.

irish_goat

Cara, would you have a cask engine or keg set up we could use? I have a mixed gas reg but that's about it.

Tom

I've a nice pallet wood bar if you want?

CARA

Yeah no bother, I've a "keg engine" too
Upa Sesh

irish_goat

Quote from: Tom on August 01, 2014, 07:05:23 PM
I've a nice pallet wood bar if you want?

Aye sounds good. Have ye a photo?

I'm gonna try and put a pale ale on this weekend or next and then will dry hop in the corny before serving. For the AG I'm thinking we do something nice and malty for the colder months? Maybe a no-sparge red ale? Cara, you have any nice yeasts knocking around?

Tom

Pallet wood bar is shown there on the wedding thread in equipment.

I was going to do an AIPA (and bottle a bit for the Galway comp), but if you're set on pale I can conjure something else up. Dark wheaty lager or something bananas.

Any NHC stuff we can use? Business cards etc. Are we allowed?

irish_goat

Quote from: Tom on August 14, 2014, 07:39:00 PM
Pallet wood bar is shown there on the wedding thread in equipment.

I was going to do an AIPA (and bottle a bit for the Galway comp), but if you're set on pale I can conjure something else up. Dark wheaty lager or something bananas.

Any NHC stuff we can use? Business cards etc. Are we allowed?

I'm gonna brew this Sunday but there's no reason we can't have 2 pale n'hoppy beers.

I have a small amount of NHC flyers but will try and get more. We can do anything we want pretty much as well.

Tom

I can't compete with your pale hoppy beers! ;)

I'm gonna try and do a sort of amber weizen from Warner's book. Never decocted before, and want an excuse to give it a go without having to then drink gallons of a beer I don't like as much! It means I don't have to worry about it for a few weeks too.

Tom

Well, ah, this weekend? What's the arrangements? Can we assemble the evening before or something, give the beer time to settle down?

I've one corny full of red ale here, but I'm not a corny user, so I've no dispense stuff for it. I've a bottle of CO2 I can bring, but my reg has broken, so that's all I have. What sort of stuff will we need, and is there anything I need to bring?

irish_goat

Flat out at work here so trying to get a moment to plan stuff is tricky.

Declan has an engine, I was hoping you'd have disconnects! I'll see if I can get Get'Er Brewed to bring some. I have a reg anyway and a lightly carbed pale ale.

Equipment wise I can bring my HLT, mash tun, kettle and all the bits and bobs. Need to get a recipe done up but was thinking a nice red ale. I have plenty of MO, wheat and vienna and a few other specialities. Would you have a bit of roast barley? Declan is providing fresh goldings and primadonna hops so we can use them.

Cafe Del Mondo in the Craft Village don't have any fridge space unfortunately. I'll see if I can sort something else but if push comes to shove we can probably store it in the Tower Museum. We have a room just off the square there that I can access anyway. I'll ring Culture Tech tomorrow and check it all out though.

Tom

Nice one.

No disconnects, sorry, but if push comes to shove we can flip the lid and put a tube to the bottom!
No roast either, sorry. I've black or light chocolate.

I've a beer engine too if you want to have both beers going at once?

I'll chill my beer down to zero overnight the night before then, so.

irish_goat

Ok, just off the phone with Culture Tech and they said we can store the kegs up there on Saturday. I might see about cobbling together some sort of icebucket for us to chill the beer in overnight as well. Was chatting with Ger'Er Brewed briefly on the phone, sending them an email now outlining what we need but I'd say they should be grand to give us some disconnects. I might buy a bag of roast barley too sure and get them to bring it up with them.

CARA

Ask them to stick a few sachets of cider/champagne yeast in there too! Got my phone back. Surely we should have a meeting about all this? I propose over a pint. No buckfast allowed.
Upa Sesh

irish_goat

Will do. Did you bring us any nice yeast for the red ale?

Could do a pint this evening or tomorrow night probably?