• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
May 19, 2024, 10:14:43 AM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Hi From Shankill Dublin

Started by Bugsyboy, March 12, 2015, 07:34:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bugsyboy

Hi I met the lads at the NHC at the Alltech thing a couple of weeks ago.
I've been brewing kits for about 3 years and have just done my third extract brew. I love Wit beers and American Pale Ales. "The Chancer" from the new O Brother microbrewery in Kilcoole is really nice.  Great success with the Wits but I'never managed a good Pale Ale. I'm hoping to drop into the Dark Horse this month to say hello t the South County Brewers. I've a lot of questions!

onesoma

Welcome bugsyboy.

I'm in Shankill too, brewing and hacking kits for nearly two years.

I head to the Wicklow brewers meet ups in bray - one on Thurs week if you're interested.

Bubbles

Quote from: Bugsyboy on March 12, 2015, 07:34:12 AM
Hi I met the lads at the NHC at the Alltech thing a couple of weeks ago.
I've been brewing kits for about 3 years and have just done my third extract brew. I love Wit beers and American Pale Ales. "The Chancer" from the new O Brother microbrewery in Kilcoole is really nice.  Great success with the Wits but I'never managed a good Pale Ale. I'm hoping to drop into the Dark Horse this month to say hello t the South County Brewers. I've a lot of questions!

Bugsyboy, you're very welcome. Looks like the next meet in the Dark horse will be a little later than usual on 2nd April. But keep an eye on the forum to make sure.

Pale ales are simple beers and sometimes the most difficult to pull off. I'm in favour of leaving the crystal malt out of my pale ales theses and instead going for more bready, toasty, biscuity flavours. Lots of hops needed, but go easy on the bittering hops.