• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 26, 2024, 12:28:47 AM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Meeting Friday 10th July

Started by itsclinto, July 06, 2015, 10:31:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

itsclinto

It's after flying around again so i thought i'd start a thread as a reminder.  I'll be heading from drogheda as usual so whoever wants/requires a lift along the way just shout.

Just another reminder for anybody who wants to enter it to the Capital Brewers Summer Session bring along your beer.  The rules are that it has to be less than 4% and the best two judged on the night shall be put forward for the competition.

I'll be bringing a pale ale (<4%) that i haven't tasted, maybe the fuggle smash (for competition purposes) and if it works out elderflower champagne.  The elderflower wine champagne are fairly carbed because i bottled too early.  Should be fun!

danger_zone

I'll also be bringing along a <4% Pale Ale
fermenting - peach wheat, mango wheat

drinking - whiskey stout

helmet

I'll be on the mitch again this month I'm afraid, anniversary duty and all that.
Here's a bit of news for the agenda though. Gary in The Cross got back to me there now to confirm that they'd be very eager to host our meetings on a Friday if we'd be on for it.
It's a great spot, great selection of craft beers, including some on tap,
open for brewdays, easier to get to for new members, Matthews bus stops outside it.
What do yis reckon?
Soraghan's have been very good to us and it's handier for the Dundalk contingent (plus free sandwiches shouldn't be underrated). Could we think about alternating venues monthly?

danger_zone

It is a nice wee spot. Its probably the fair thing to do alternating between the two towns. We'll discuss it on Friday and see what's what.

drinking - whiskey stout

danger_zone

On a side note, if yis want to PM me your phone numbers and i'll send you pictures of my junk set up a group Whatsapp chat

drinking - whiskey stout

helmet

Quote from: danger_zone on July 06, 2015, 07:02:44 PM
On a side note, if yis want to PM me your phone numbers and i'll send you pictures of my junk set up a group Whatsapp chat
Tempting!

itsclinto

Fair play again lads!  The cross seems a good alternative for us south louthers.  Great option aswell for our brew day now!

cronan

I will be bringing an IPA with me on Friday.

Acott

July 10, 2015, 08:12:11 AM #8 Last Edit: July 10, 2015, 08:35:49 AM by Acott
Cronan, I see you need a JG fitting, what kind? I probably won't be getting my fridge until August so I might be able to sort you out with what I have here

*EDIT*

I just seen this water filter crowd on Anne St. do quick connect fittings, they aren't JG but look similar, might be worth talking to them incase what I have doesnt suit http://www.thewaterfiltermen.ie/Push-Fittings

Acott

On second thoughts it doesn't look like they have a female connection  :(