• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 24, 2024, 10:57:00 AM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

[Review] Bulldog Brews Pennine Peak Yorkshire Bitter 3.3 Kg kit review

Started by DrowningManatee, March 26, 2013, 01:24:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnrm

23 litres of barbeque sauce?  I suppose the summer is coming. ::)

Garry

Quote23 litres of barbeque sauce?  I suppose the summer is coming. ::)

You could marinade a blue whale with that much sauce :o

I was looking at their website, it looks like a very good quality kit. Leave it for another week I'd say, it's a lot warmer now than it was in March  :)

DrowningManatee

nice one dudes, all adice taken on board, still deciding...
Primary :
Grapefruit mead

Secondary:
Orange Blossom Mead
Blackberry Mead

Bottled:

johnrm

DrowningManatee

yup, barbeque marinades, blue whales, and beer to drink so i dont drink up my good stuff :)

bottling today, gonna add some tinctures etc, should come out at 3.33% so its something anyway...
Primary :
Grapefruit mead

Secondary:
Orange Blossom Mead
Blackberry Mead

Bottled:

eanna

There's probably still a lot of fermentables in the beer, eventually the yeast should get through them and you might get a overcarbonation or bombs in a few more weeks.

DrowningManatee

April 14, 2013, 04:16:32 PM #21 Last Edit: April 14, 2013, 04:35:15 PM by MicksMagicMix
was worried about that alright, but it hasnt moved from 1.018 for ages, i pitched a second yeast when the other stopped about 2 weeks ago, and it dropped 2 points since, though it still bubbles rarely...

I have some campden tablets there for wines, could i use them to ensure the fermentation has stopped with the beer or would it impart dodgyness to the brew? Haven't bottled yet, but just got the place cleaned there and about to....

shite, im assuming  no yeast means the bottles won't carbonate as well, any ideas?

Does that mean that if i bottled as is, it would carbonate of its own accord? and way too much?

Sorry, still forgetting about the amateur problems a bit...
Primary :
Grapefruit mead

Secondary:
Orange Blossom Mead
Blackberry Mead

Bottled:

Kevco5

The bubbler is not a true indicator of fermentation, if your gravity hasn't changed then your good to bottle, should be plenty of yeast left in suspension for it to carbonate. I'd prime on the lower end of the scale to be safe though.

DrowningManatee

April 14, 2013, 04:36:22 PM #23 Last Edit: April 14, 2013, 04:36:56 PM by MicksMagicMix
ok, nice one kev, do ye reckon i could just leave priming altogether? (still want fizz, just as in are there enough fermentables there)
Primary :
Grapefruit mead

Secondary:
Orange Blossom Mead
Blackberry Mead

Bottled:

LordEoin

QuoteSorry, still forgetting about the amateur problems a bit...
The biggest obstacle is patience  ;)

before you do anything, make sure your hydrometer is right.
put it in water at about 20C and it should read 1.000

as per homebrewwest's post and the instructions, if the brew it below 1.015 you're good to bottle.