• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
May 15, 2024, 02:43:32 AM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

South Dublin Brewers - Next Meet - Thursday 24th April

Started by Bubbles, April 10, 2014, 06:25:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bubbles

Quote from: DEMPSEY on April 25, 2014, 12:03:59 PM
Was passing last night and thought I'd drop in but looked at my watch and it was 2.45am and the place was closed :(. Do ye guys go to bed early so :P

We drank them dry!!  8)

Bubbles

Quote from: Ciderhead on April 25, 2014, 12:43:25 AM
Great to see fledgling clubs progress into serious brewers.
Can honestly say all beers I tasted tonight were great, well done guys and thanks for your hospitality...and Jaipur!

You're always very welcome dude. That Galway Bay barrel-aged stout you got for me did me in! Or maybe it was all the Jaipur. Good job it was so expensive or I'd have been in an even worse state.

Beer of the evening for me was John's Mild/Brown Porter. Shanna's scotch ale was a very tasty drop too. Pissed myself laughing last night hearing about the special ingredient!  ;D >:D

DEMPSEY

Dei miscendarum discipulus
Forgive us our Hangovers as we forgive those who hangover against us

Bubbles

Jesus, you're going to love this.......

€5.50...... for a 33cl glass.

Yeah, I know... but it's such a lovely beer.

The Dark Horse offy sells it for €4 though.

DEMPSEY

Quote from: Bubbles on April 25, 2014, 06:48:10 PM

WHAT €11 a pint this is taking the piss it is a great beer but there is no way this should be so. LH now charge €6.90 for a bottle 500ml and we have sort of held back. Not sure who but someone is just doing a celtic tiger attitude to craft beers >:(
is the offy bottle 500ml
Dei miscendarum discipulus
Forgive us our Hangovers as we forgive those who hangover against us

Bubbles

Quote from: DEMPSEY on April 25, 2014, 07:32:21 PM
Quote from: Bubbles on April 25, 2014, 06:48:10 PM

WHAT €11 a pint this is taking the piss it is a great beer but there is no way this should be so. LH now charge €6.90 for a bottle 500ml and we have sort of held back. Not sure who but someone is just doing a celtic tiger attitude to craft beers >:(
is the offy bottle 500ml

Yeah, it's a bit of a joke alright. Unfortunately that seems to be the way things are going. The manager in the DH told me that it's Brewdog who have put their prices up lately. A pint of Punk IPA is now €6.85. I mean, it's feckin laughable. It's the final straw for me and I'm now on a Brewdog boycott, apart from trying the occasional special release. There's enough reasonably priced Irish craft beer available now so we don't have to put up this kind of nonsense. For instance, the AmberElla I had tonight is a really nice drop, and not a million miles from 5am Saint imo.

Yep, it's the regular 500ml bottle from Thornbridge.