• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
March 28, 2024, 11:36:57 AM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Anybody using Burcos as any or all of their vessels.

Started by Damien M, October 01, 2013, 12:49:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Damien M

I've been toying  with getting a couple of Burcos to use to upgrade my current plastic vessels.

My ideas are:

• Burco 1 to be the MT  for initial water volume for Mash and then add grain then using heater to maintain temperature and step mashs ??   
  • Burco 2 to be the HLT for the top up Sparge water   
  • Sparge Burco 1 (MT) to temporary vessel using Burco 2 (HLT/BK) as Lauter source
  • Once OG met in Temp Tun then transfer back to Burco 2, when empty of sparge water, to use as a BK for the Boil and Hop adds

Does the above make sense and I know I have to mod at least the HLT/BK vessel to override the stats to allow strong boils and add PID control using STC1000s and temp probes. An make a  donut type false bottom for both to keep them away from the Heating element (if using an incorporated heating element). An a pump in the middle that can go from any vessel to any vessel.........but is there anything else I'm should be considering or am missing? 
[/list]

And yes there will be photos and a write up if/when it progresses.

barkar

I may have a spare burco for sale in the next few weeks- 27 litre cygnet . I have had no problem using it as a boiler and later as a HLT

Damofto

My boiler gives a great boil, think this is the same one - different seller though. Good price at the moment of 99gbp.

They only hold 30 litres though not 40.

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/Commercial-Water-Boiler-Tea-Coffee-Urn-Boilers-Manual-Fill-40-Litre-Large-/281114596974?pt=UK_BOI_Restaurant_RL&hash=item4173bc566e

TheSumOfAllBeers

Damien M

Thanks for the the comments on the various brands. And no one saying no too, so full steam ahead.