• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 29, 2024, 06:20:44 AM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

120L Fermenter

Started by Yenren, May 25, 2015, 08:27:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yenren

Hi guys I am looking for 120L fermenter or food grade barrel, the homebrew company do them but their price is insane 100 euro.

Will_D

You want a 120 litre fermenter and rekon that €100 is too expensive?
Are there any typos in this question?

Can you post the link please?
Remember: The Nationals are just round the corner - time to get brewing

auralabuse

Quote from: Will_D on May 25, 2015, 09:25:40 PM
You want a 120 litre fermenter and rekon that €100 is too expensive?
Are there any typos in this question?

Can you post the link please?
Also thinking there is a rogue zero somewhere in that question

Garry

How about a conical?

If you're not prepared to part with too much money try your local livestock mart. Chances are there'll be someone selling plastic barrels like these.

What part of the country are you in?

Will_D

Remember: The Nationals are just round the corner - time to get brewing

Yenren

Quote from: johnrm on May 26, 2015, 10:07:14 AM
I reckon its this lad...
https://www.thehomebrewcompany.ie/fermenter-barrel-plastic-120-litre-plus-airlock-and-tap-p-2352.html

That's the one I just think there must be a cheaper option.
Quote from: Garry on May 26, 2015, 10:19:07 AM
How about a conical?

If you're not prepared to part with too much money try your local livestock mart. Chances are there'll be someone selling plastic barrels like these.

What part of the country are you in?
I live down Ballinspittle way. I have been looking at these kind of barrels i suppose i am looking for conformation that they are safe to brew in?

Thanks for the replys lads

Garry

Are they safe? I don't have a scientific answer to that by I'm sure Ciderhead will be along soon to scare the shite out of you. I'd say chance it. What's the worst that will happen? You'll see moving statues  :P

I've seen a guy selling those drums at Bandon Mart. There's also a lad selling them at Hobb's Yard in Curraheen.

johnrm

This looks like it's good quality stuff. It's food safe. It's fit for purpose. If you make 100 liters of good beer it's paid for after its first batch.

Leann ull

Quote from: Garry on May 26, 2015, 10:23:25 PM
Are they safe? I don't have a scientific answer to that by I'm sure Ciderhead will be along soon to scare the shite out of you. I'd say chance it. What's the worst that will happen? You'll see moving statues  :P

I've seen a guy selling those drums at Bandon Mart. There's also a lad selling them at Hobb's Yard in Curraheen.

I refer me lurd to the response I gave earlier...
Buy 4x30l alpack buckets, hey presto 100 litres

delzep

Drum

Quote from: Ciderhead on May 26, 2015, 11:37:21 PM

Alpack 30L buckets are here http://www.alpack.ie/VC105__30_Litre_Bucket_Sold_Individually/Default.710.html  At 5.95 euro each. Im in ballinadee if you want to split delivery cost on a few of these instead of a 120L. I'll pm my details....   

DEMPSEY

.What's the worst that will happen? You'll see moving statues  :P
Ha haa sharp mind there :D.
Dei miscendarum discipulus
Forgive us our Hangovers as we forgive those who hangover against us

imark

4x30L will be a lot easier to lift too. I've used alpack buckets as fermenter and as grain storage and they are perfect.

Greg2013

Quote from: Ciderhead on May 26, 2015, 11:37:21 PM

Sorry Boss back to school with you 4x30=120 :P
"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet."  Gen. James 'Mad Dog' Mattis USMC(Ret.)