• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
May 11, 2024, 01:02:40 PM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Any cornies for sale?

Started by Hop Bomb, May 29, 2013, 04:33:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bubbles

Quote from: Rossa on May 30, 2013, 03:38:20 PM
I'll fire  off an email to can direct later or tomorrow and see what I can shake out of them.

Excellent, I'll be taking 3 or 4 if there's a group buy.

Ciderhead

Will help you facilitate, for members only of course, pm shanna for the last deal or email communication so they know we are not fresh meat ;)!

Damofto

I would be interested in 3 or 4 as well

Hop Bomb

Sorry I should have replied sooner. I mailed can direct yesterday. When the reply il post details. Cheers for the link Ciderhead.
On tap: Flanders, Gose,
Fermenting: Oatmeal Brown, 200ish Fathoms,
Ageing: bretted 1890 export stout.
To brew:  2015 RIS, Kellerbier, Altbier.

Ciderhead

now they will have 2mails from the NHC, could I suggest either one of you contacts Shanna first to get the contact details and prices from last years as a starting point?

Hop Bomb

I mentioned in the email that one of our members had bought from them recently & was delighted with the quality etc ...

DEMPSEY

Would there be any interest from China.
Dei miscendarum discipulus
Forgive us our Hangovers as we forgive those who hangover against us

montofk

Chinese made?  Any reports on what they're like quality wise? Cheaper I take it?

fizzypish

I'd also be interested in a group buy. Not a member yet but I'll sign u[p if it happens!

Will_D

Quote from: fizzypish link=topi c=2659.msg322t69#msg32269 date=137o0117090
Crafty! :D
Yes but not so crafty that a "information leak" is not enacted to encorage membership take up
Remember: The Nationals are just round the corner - time to get brewing

Shanna

Hi Hop Bomb

The buy was about 10 months ago and while the kegs were good quality it was very much luck than any great feat on my part. If your organising a group buy with can direct get a proforma invoice issued v well in advance of collecting money. They screwed me at the last minute by only issuing me the invoice that showed vat on the transportation of the kegs.

Pm me if you want any further details.

Shanna
Quote from: Hop Bomb on May 31, 2013, 09:25:26 AM
I mentioned in the email that one of our members had bought from them recently & was delighted with the quality etc ...
Cornie keg group buy organiser, storeman & distribution point
Hops Group buy packer
Regulator & Taps distribution point
Stainless Steel Fermenter Group Buy Organiser
South Dublin Brewers member

brenmurph

Quote from: montofk on May 31, 2013, 11:39:26 AM
Chinese made?  Any reports on what they're like quality wise? Cheaper I take it?

excellent, I have 2 for past year.  a sensible 23 ltr keg.

not as tough as cornies. pressure releases at 40psi and have no runner protector on bottom.

re value.. 95 euros on Beer & Wine

I think a group buy getting them in at 75euro  would represent good value.

re connectors and sealing system.  same principle as corny, this bit they got right, good quality connectors and posts fittings.

downside:  welding is not as good inside as cornies so must be careful with sanitation. key area is where the tip is welded on to the cylinder.

Hop Bomb

Ive had no response from Can Direct btw.

Hop Bomb

I got a reply from Can Direct finally. Not many (if any) 19L kegs in stock... But they have 18 L kegs.

"Dear Tom, dear gentlemen,

thank you very much for your mail and sorry for my late answer! Hope everything went fine with the kegs we have delivered in former times to you and your friends, if not, please tell me, too.

At this time we do not have many tanks 18,9 litre in good shape and the good ones are sold out meanwhile.

Now we recommend the 18,0 litre kegs NC jolly series (dimensions: 565 mm height and 232 mm widness, NC is 633 mm height and 215 mm widness), which are younger and in very good condition, nearly as new ones. They have new valves and a new lid with relief valve or a used lid with 2 burst devices, all kegs have new sealings and are checked for proofness. You can use the Cornelius disconnects for the NC jolyy tanks you normally use, too.

The standard prices including VAT are:
a) - 55,90 EUR for the 18 L keg NC Jolly series with new valves and a new lid with relief valve
b) - 49,90 EUR for the 18 L keg NC Jolly series with new valves and a used lid with 2 burst devices

regarding a) We can make you a special offer of 39,92 EUR + 19 % VAT = 47,51 EUR. The price for a new keg is around 100,00 EUR.
regarding b) We can make you a special offer of 35,64 EUR + 19 % VAT = 42,41 EUR. The price for a new keg is around 100,00 EUR.

The shipping costs will be nearly the same as in former times, we can ask the daily price by DHL.

Hope, this offer will be interesting for you, please ask us, if there are some questions remaining.

kind regards
Stefan Welfonder
"