• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 27, 2024, 04:27:22 PM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Best Pale Malt from Best Maltz

Started by Leann ull, September 14, 2015, 11:48:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leann ull

Folks anybody got any experience in above pale, its not one I have used so far, I see some pretty good pricing from HBC in their specials section and HBW also stock it at good prices for 25kgs as well.
Let me know your experience as to what efficiencies are like? Is it a lesser version of Weyermans? I've seen good reports in UK forums.

In the interest of balance Motley and Get-Er Brewed also carry Loughrans malt at similar pricing to the above, but I've tried that and its good but I want to try something else for a change.

molc

Not answering your initial question but related, I got the castle pale ale malt and found it quite interesting. It's a good but darker, more like a Vienna at around 10ebc, but smells lovely and effeciency was around 80% recirculated.
Need to do a smash with Saaz and some fairly neutral yeast to comment on malt flavour.
Fermenting: IPA, Lambic, Mead
Conditioning: Lambic, Cider, RIS, Ole Ale, Saison
On Tap: IPA, Helles, Best Bitter

CARA

Hey CH. I've been using Best Pale in the brewery for the past month whilst waiting on an Extra Light Maris delivery. Taste, aroma, extraction all impressive. I'd put it in the same category as Weyer.
Their special x is fooling delicious.
Best Red X is quickly turning into my favourite grain at the moment. It's a red base malt. Great extraction. All honey and caramel!
Upa Sesh

The Homebrew Company

Made this beer up a few weeks ago. Its a single malt, sinlge hop beer with just Red X and Tomahawk. The colour is a lovely rich red colour the body is in no way lacking even with just the one malt. The hop used was Tomahawk.

Cracking malt! and 21 tonnes arriving tomorrow :)

dcalnan

That looks really good, I'll have to do a red ale soon.

Qs

Wow I'm gonna have to try that. Does it taste like theirs roast malt in it?