• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 28, 2024, 09:55:45 PM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

South Dublin Brewers - Next Meet - Thursday, 25th February

Started by Bubbles, February 07, 2016, 05:46:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bachus

Lads,
The weather made me sick as a dog. Have a good fun!
Dominik (bachus)

David

Found a pouch with bud ear phones on the floor at the end of the meet. Left them behind the bar. They were roughly in the area where Ronnie and Declan were sitting

Shanna

Quote from: David on February 26, 2016, 12:00:45 AM
Found a pouch with bud ear phones on the floor at the end of the meet. Left them behind the bar. They were roughly in the area where Ronnie and Declan were sitting
Sound man, was wondering where they had got to. Must have fallen out of my pocket during the meet.

Declan
Cornie keg group buy organiser, storeman & distribution point
Hops Group buy packer
Regulator & Taps distribution point
Stainless Steel Fermenter Group Buy Organiser
South Dublin Brewers member

Shanna

Quote from: CH on February 25, 2016, 07:58:59 PM
Nope just disappointed you guys aren't as enthusiastic about your ciders as your meads
All messing aside, we had four ciders last night including the turbo brett cider (very tart btw). Molc has one with raspberries from his garden that was really nice.

Shanna
Hops Group buy packer

Bubbles

Beerfly's turbo cider was pretty acidic alright, but that's turbo cider for you. I didn't get any hint of brett off it, it was drinkable, but putting it away for 6 months would do wonders. Not so turbo, I know..

The raspberry was very nice, big fruit character.

I've made my mind up on sweetened ciders after last night, they're just not for me.

molc

Quote from: Bubbles on February 26, 2016, 01:58:06 PM
I've made my mind up on sweetened ciders after last night, they're just not for me.
With you on that one. I'm going to sweeten by letting them sit on fruit in future and keep the rest of the cider unsweetened.
Fermenting: IPA, Lambic, Mead
Conditioning: Lambic, Cider, RIS, Ole Ale, Saison
On Tap: IPA, Helles, Best Bitter

Shanna

Quote from: Bubbles on February 26, 2016, 01:58:06 PM
Beerfly's turbo cider was pretty acidic alright, but that's turbo cider for you. I didn't get any hint of brett off it, it was drinkable, but putting it away for 6 months would do wonders. Not so turbo, I know..

The raspberry was very nice, big fruit character.

Will get some demijohns & split them in to smaller batches with some sweetened & some unsweetened. Will also pay more attention to the amount of sweetener by trying test samples.

Shanna
Hops Group buy packer

Shanna

Quote from: Shanna on February 26, 2016, 12:40:44 PM
Quote from: David on February 26, 2016, 12:00:45 AM
Sound man, was wondering where they had got to. Must have fallen out of my pocket during the meet.

Declan
Thanks David got them on Friday.

Shanna
Hops Group buy packer