• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 28, 2024, 10:28:06 AM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Komodo Dragon Chilli Peppers

Started by irish_goat, August 03, 2016, 03:58:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

irish_goat

My local Tesco has started selling these. Anyone used them? They register 1.4 million on the Scoville scale and recommend gloves if you're touching them. I like spicy but not ridiculously hot. Tempted to buy these and just put a few tiny slices into a dish and see how I get on.

nigel_c

Use the lot in one brew. 34C Experimental Beer in next years nationals.  >:D

Leann ull

Somebody did in 2013 if memory serves, we doused the judge Grainne of Metalman in cold water for several hours afterwards

molc

I'm scared that these exist and are being discussed in the forum. Next year's nationals could be very painful for some judges the next day :)
Fermenting: IPA, Lambic, Mead
Conditioning: Lambic, Cider, RIS, Ole Ale, Saison
On Tap: IPA, Helles, Best Bitter

armedcor

Jesus you know you're a homebrewer when you see this post and automatically start looking up fermented hot sauce recipes...

irish_goat

Quote from: armedcor on August 03, 2016, 05:50:13 PM
Jesus you know you're a homebrewer when you see this post and automatically start looking up fermented hot sauce recipes...

I have a Sriracha style sauce I fermented a while ago actually. Must put a thread up with pics.

Shanna

Quote from: molc on August 03, 2016, 05:35:21 PM
I'm scared that these exist and are being discussed in the forum. Next year's nationals could be very painful for some judges the next day :)
Sorry could not resist
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIBTg7q9oNc
Cornie keg group buy organiser, storeman & distribution point
Hops Group buy packer
Regulator & Taps distribution point
Stainless Steel Fermenter Group Buy Organiser
South Dublin Brewers member

molc

Quote from: Shanna on August 04, 2016, 08:19:47 AM
Quote from: molc on August 03, 2016, 05:35:21 PM
Sorry could not resist
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIBTg7q9oNc
It's a Johnny Cash sort of moment alright :)
Fermenting: IPA, Lambic, Mead
Conditioning: Lambic, Cider, RIS, Ole Ale, Saison
On Tap: IPA, Helles, Best Bitter

armedcor

Quote from: irish_goat on August 04, 2016, 08:11:14 AM

I have a Sriracha style sauce I fermented a while ago actually. Must put a thread up with pics.

That would be great to see!

mr hoppy

I was very confused when i tried making a berliner weisse with WLP 677 (dog's bollox) and most of the pages were for hot sauce recipes...

eanna

I grew Trinidad Moruga scorpions this year, they're currently fermenting for hot sauce. I don't think they reached anywhere near their heat potential but they're tasty all the same. I wore 2 pairs of gloves cutting them up but I think 1 pair would have done.

ronniedeb

I just put a dried Rocoto pepper into a Smoked Porter. Dont think it contributed much heat though. I guess Ill put a few more in the next one.