• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
March 28, 2024, 09:41:24 PM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Liquidation sale group buy?

Started by TheSumOfAllBeers, February 05, 2020, 12:38:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheSumOfAllBeers

Linked to the for sale post here:

https://www.nationalhomebrewclub.ie/forum/for-sale/liquidation-sale-of-stainless-conicals-(40-50l)-and-3-v-brewkits/

Putting this under group buys, as while there is unlikely to be any bulk savings, a single man with van, could do great on transport costs.

Pat_buttercups

sounds goods know any transport contacts

TheSumOfAllBeers

I think you will have to crowd source the transportation stuff.

auralabuse

I registered interest in a 53L so add me in here guys

Raxy

I might be interested in 1 as well if its manageable.

mick02

NHC Committee member

grim neipa

put me down for an SS brewtech fermentor plz!

St. Fursey

Quote from: grim neipa on February 05, 2020, 04:12:49 PM
put me down for an SS brewtech fermentor plz!
I'd take one also

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

irish_goat

TheSumOfAllBeers

FYI: I cross posted this thread, and while I am the OP here, I won't be organising thus group buy.

If the interested parties here want to pursue this , someone will need to step up and organise this.

In particular, transport and logistics could be a challenge here.

I know some people in London who may travel out to the depot and can report here what they say.

But I reiterate that if there is a demand for a group buy, someone else will need to organise it

mick02

Quote from: TheSumOfAllBeers on February 06, 2020, 02:56:09 PM
FYI: I cross posted this thread, and while I am the OP here, I won't be organising thus group buy.

If the interested parties here want to pursue this , someone will need to step up and organise this.

In particular, transport and logistics could be a challenge here.

I know some people in London who may travel out to the depot and can report here what they say.

But I reiterate that if there is a demand for a group buy, someone else will need to organise it

If OP is not planning on organizing this as a Group Buy then I'll move it to the Equipment & Chemicals subforum. If someone wants to step up and run this then we can move it back but until then this is just a discussion.
NHC Committee member

Raxy

I registered interest & said I was part of a groupt that may be interested in up to 10 fermenters. Said we were from Ireland so will see what comes back.
Out of curiosity I contacted a moving company over there to get a rough price to collect & deliver 10 fermenters to ireland.

mick02

Sounds like you're the right man to drive this group buy  :P
NHC Committee member

Raxy

No reply from the liquidators but the moving company replied. £750 + vat do collect & delived. Seems a bit much.
Contacted another place that deliver pallets. 2 pallets would be £250 + vat. we would need to have the fermenters on the pallets & shrink wrapped & rachetted to the pallet before they collect. An extra £30 for 2 pallets.

grim neipa

Nice work raxy keep us up to date!