• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 28, 2024, 02:43:59 PM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Good pizza recipes

Started by admin, January 06, 2014, 12:20:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sorcerers Apprentice

It's a lot of work to build something that might only be used a couple of times. I thought about building one but Eoin's dry pan recipe put me off bothering. 

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

There's no such thing as bad beer - some just taste better than others

Leann ull

Yep said it before, say it again cook in the frying pan and it's as good as the real deal.

eanna

I'm think of clay or firebricks, for the thermal mass to do the odd roast or for bread also. The Uunii wouldn't do that, and in my opinion doesn't look as cool as a large oven with a few logs burning away in the back. There's a few spots in my parents house with what I think is the right type of clay a few feet down.
I fear I'd fuck up on the firebrick dome and it'd look crap, plus those bricks are expensive.

Hop Bomb

You need steam for great bread crust, Steam is a no no for your pizza oven. Just build or buy a bad ass WFO for pizza. For bread you can mod your kitchen oven with pizza tiles & wet towels & splash cup of water on hot lava rocks for steam.
On tap: Flanders, Gose,
Fermenting: Oatmeal Brown, 200ish Fathoms,
Ageing: bretted 1890 export stout.
To brew:  2015 RIS, Kellerbier, Altbier.

Eoin

Even with the pan trick...I'd still build a forno if I had my own gaff.

Andy Q

Anyone ever use one of these?

https://www.onsalenow.ie/?p=s&sch=details&store=168&prod=2610871

pretty sure I saw one in B&Q recently, otherwise Argos have

http://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/2660936/Trail/searchtext%3EPIZZA.htm

but I read somewhere that they make a very sooty Pizza!
Stout/Apa fiend from Lucan

lordstilton

Just seen that Aldi have "00" flour in on special at the moment...1.99 for a 1.5kg bag...stock up time