• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 27, 2024, 08:00:00 PM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Belfast Liffey actual results

Started by admin, July 20, 2014, 01:36:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

admin

Sorry lads, said I'd post these up a while back but forgot.

Scoring was done in two rounds. This is round 1, but Bazza will have to tell you what the actual beers were. Scores out of 40 on the first round. The 15 beers were split across 3 tables, 5 beers per table, with a minimum of two judges per table.
Num 10 scored 26
Num 5 scored 31.5
Num 7 scored 24
Num 15 scored 28
Num 6 scored 30
Num 14 scored 32
Num 1 scored 16
Num 2 scored 29
Num 12 scored 24
Num 9 scored 35
Num 13 scored 16
Num 11 scored 28
Num 8 scored 29
Num 3 scored 24
Num 4 scored 33

The two highest scoring beers from each table went through to a 2nd round where the other two tables also judged said beers. The table to originally judge the beer didn't judge it again, but their scores carried forward and counted equally towards the final score. Second round scores are out of 120:
1. Gaudi Gold by Sub82 scored 111
2. Simcoe Single by Mr Drankin scored 104
3. Steam Beer by Bazza scored 99
4. Born to Rye by Sub82 scored 98.5
5. Stout by Mr Drankin scored 97

Apologies for the delay in getting this info to you. Final notes were the overall standard of the beer was very very good, and personally I found this method of judging/scoring to be very convenient, though next time I think we'll make feedback notes as that's about all that was missing.

Bazza

Cheers for that, Shane.

Can't return the favour, I'm afraid as we didn't use a scoring system as such. We just shared round each beer and ranked it higher or lower than previous beers. Unfortunately we cant give the full order from 1 to 17 as we left the score sheets behind in the pub.
You may or may not have noticed but I turn into a total bollox after a couple of pints :-\

-Barry
Whatever it is, I'm against it.
― Groucho Marx

DEMPSEY

Quote from: Bazza on July 20, 2014, 03:06:38 PM
Cheers for that, Shane.

Can't return the favour, I'm afraid as we didn't use a scoring system as such. We just shared round each beer and ranked it higher or lower than previous beers. Unfortunately we cant give the full order from 1 to 17 as we left the score sheets behind in the pub.
You may or may not have noticed but I turn into a total bollox after a couple of pints :-\

-Barry
Sounds like you do well in a Liffey brew meet ;D
Dei miscendarum discipulus
Forgive us our Hangovers as we forgive those who hangover against us

CARA

Upa Sesh

imark

I did with a Belgian golden strong ale called divil. 😀

CARA

Nice! Is the recipe a closely guarded i'd have ta killl ya sort of jobby?
Upa Sesh

imark

It's based on duvel which is one of my favourite beers and I think it's pretty close. 90:10 pilsner:sugar and hopped with saaz. Simple smash beer.