• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
May 15, 2024, 12:15:34 AM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Beer tap shanks

Started by Beerbuddha, February 26, 2015, 09:26:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Beerbuddha

I taught i could make some up but its more hassle than its worth.

Does anyone know cheapest place to get some ?

http://www.micromatic.com/draft-keg-beer/taps-faucets-pid-4331A-3.html

Similar to this.
IBD Member

Beerbuddha

Thats as good as it gets thanks Pob.

Bloody night shifts make simpliest of tasks impossible  :(
IBD Member

Jacob

Double check with supplier if those shanks will work on taps with flow control (if you have taps with it).
May save you some $$$. I learnt it the hard way :/

Oh Crap

Quote from: Jacob on February 27, 2015, 09:07:02 AM
Double check with supplier if those shanks will work on taps with flow control (if you have taps with it).
May save you some $$$. I learnt it the hard way :/
If they're too expensive give me a shout, in have a couple of taps that might suit, I'm sure we could sort sumting out
Beer
1 is good, 2 is better, 3 is enough & 4 isn't half enough

Beerbuddha

IBD Member

Greg2013

Those shanks from MBW are exactly what i have been looking for too but will they only work with certain taps ? Also is there anyway to remove the nipple and stick on a JG fitting ? ;D
"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet."  Gen. James 'Mad Dog' Mattis USMC(Ret.)

Greg2013

Quote from: dcalnan on February 28, 2015, 10:01:33 PM
This is what I use on the end of my shanks, https://www.aquasoft.ie/mobile.php?53,female_adapter_bsp_thread_half_inch_by_3_eight_inch

Good man dclan just what is needed,now to start saving the pennies for four of everything  :o
"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet."  Gen. James 'Mad Dog' Mattis USMC(Ret.)

Beerbuddha

I have 4 of those connections spare if you need em Greg.
IBD Member

Greg2013

Quote from: B.B. on March 01, 2015, 08:43:37 AM

Let me check what i have here and also locate some taps and i will give you a shout,and many thanks BB. Biggest issue is going to be finding four taps with flow control for under 100 euro. :(

Oh Crap

Quote from: Greg2013 on March 01, 2015, 11:55:20 AM

Let me check what i have here and also locate some taps and i will give you a shout,and many thanks BB. Biggest issue is going to be finding four taps with flow control for under 100 euro. :(
Are either of these any use Greg, both flow control, jf fittings in the shank. I have 3 spare.
Beer

Greg2013

Quote from: Oh Crap on March 01, 2015, 12:39:56 PM
Quote from: Greg2013 on March 01, 2015, 11:55:20 AM

Are either of these any use Greg, both flow control, jf fittings in the shank. I have 3 spare.

Not in a position to buy any brew hardware atm tbh m8,i am lining up relevant links for nearer Summer once things hopefully settle down but thank you for the offer. ;D

Oh Crap

Not in a position to buy any brew hardware atm tbh m8,i am lining up relevant links for nearer Summer once things hopefully settle down but thank you for the offer. ;D
[/quote]
That's ok...if they're what u need, have them, you can sort me out whenever you can. They are just sits here taking up space
Beer

Greg2013

Quote from: Oh Crap on March 01, 2015, 01:32:09 PM

That's ok...if they're what u need, have them, you can sort me out whenever you can. They are just sits here taking up space
[/quote]

Leave it with me up the walls here atm but i will keep it in mind,on the other hand if you get a buyer in the meantime fire away  ;D