• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
May 22, 2024, 12:03:47 AM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

[Homebrew Shop] HomeBrewWest

Started by HomeBrewWest, April 08, 2015, 05:34:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Saruman (Reuben Gray)

Do you ever have that feeling that you have spent the last 2 years and lots of money to build an interesting brewery, and now affordable all in one kits come along?
Reuben Gray

The Tale of the Ale - My blog about beer

nigel_c

Beerbuddha

Its not the equipment that brews the beer its the 2 years of experience  ;)
IBD Member

Saruman (Reuben Gray)

Ah well experience is about 8 years.
The 2 years is faffing about going from 30l plastic to 70l stainless.
Reuben Gray

darren996

Quote from: cruiscinlan on July 12, 2016, 10:20:52 AM
Quote from: HomeBrewWest on July 10, 2016, 08:16:29 PM
Its not the same as that one . . . its better! I'll post full details on Friday. Or try to get to Galway on Saturday for the demo (and the massive discount).

Is there no way to avail of the discount over the phone?  Its a complete pain to spend 5hrs+ in the car plus petrol plus tolls when you could commit to buy online etc.
+1 on this

Beerbuddha

It's the faffing that is the craft. I bet you know how to cut stainless....drill holes in stainless.....wire elements...wire switches...wire plugs....ect ect that you possibly never knew beforehand.

IBD Member

Saruman (Reuben Gray)

Quote from: B.B. on July 12, 2016, 11:41:50 AM
It's the faffing that is the craft. I bet you know how to cut stainless....drill holes in stainless.....wire elements...wire switches...wire plugs....ect ect that you possibly never knew beforehand.

Feck that, I now know how to insulate a feckin building and install a large air extraction system.
Just need to do some plumbing work now  ;)

The stainless steel stuff was piss easy compared to building the brewery building itself.  :P
Reuben Gray

Leann ull

July 12, 2016, 11:53:35 AM #262 Last Edit: July 12, 2016, 12:17:26 PM by CH
I guess the reason sizeable discounts are offered in person is to show the prospective supplier footfall and also you can't buy online in the January sales if you want the cheap stuff.
So I guess spend 50 to get 150?
I'd like to see a bit more detail first before loading the kids in the car though.

Simon_

July 12, 2016, 12:26:24 PM #263 Last Edit: July 12, 2016, 01:05:55 PM by Simon_
Quote from: CH on July 12, 2016, 11:53:35 AM
I'd like to see a bit more detail first before loading the kids in the car though.
Do you not circumnavigate the island before breakfast anyhow?  :)

Beerbuddha

If you didn't do all that work you would be at something else like digging underground beer celler that's the addiction to the hobby  :'(   and personal drive for perfection 8)v
IBD Member

Leann ull

Quote from: Simon_ on July 12, 2016, 12:26:24 PM
Quote from: CH on July 12, 2016, 11:53:35 AM
Do not circumnavigate the island before breakfast anyhow?  :)

Only on Tuesdays and Thursdays

HomeBrewWest

OK, we hear what you are saying.

Yes CH hit the nail on the head: we do want footfall to impress Hambleton Bard on Saturday, but I've OKed the following with them:
- 350 in store on the day 12 to 6 PM, and
- 375 online on the day, all day Saturday (24 hrs).

However, bear in mind that you get to see and feel it in Galway . . . and see it in operation firsthand. Also we are doing 10 to 30% discounts in store ONLY on everything else too.

So it should still be worth the trip to Galway. Our new store is very near the Dublin motorway, so Dubs are less than 2 hours away once you hit the motorway. Its also a great weekend in Galway if you can stay over . . . the Arts festival is in full swing.

Hit me with a challenging recipe that other systems can't do . . . . lets say one with a larger than usual grain bill?
"I am a firm believer in the people. If given the truth, they can be depended upon to meet any national crisis. The great point is to bring them the real facts, and beer." Abraham Lincoln. www.homebrewwest.ie

Leann ull

Quote from: HomeBrewWest on July 12, 2016, 02:53:47 PM

Hit me with a challenging recipe that other systems can't do . . . . lets say one with a larger than usual grain bill?

you mean a real mans brew set up  ;D ;D 8)

dcalnan

A barleywine would be a good one to try out.

DEMPSEY

Quote from: Saruman on July 12, 2016, 11:47:05 AM
Quote from: B.B. on July 12, 2016, 11:41:50 AM

Feck that, I now know how to insulate a feckin building and install a large air extraction system.
Just need to do some plumbing work now  ;)

The stainless steel stuff was piss easy compared to building the brewery building itself.  :P
You start off as homebrew hobbiest and eventually find yourself qualified for a job with NASA :D
Dei miscendarum discipulus
Forgive us our Hangovers as we forgive those who hangover against us