• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
May 22, 2024, 05:36:58 AM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

[Homebrew Shop] HomeBrewWest

Started by HomeBrewWest, April 08, 2015, 05:34:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HomeBrewWest

August 28, 2016, 07:27:21 PM #360 Last Edit: September 15, 2016, 12:13:56 PM by LordEoin
Brexit and the weaker GBP have allowed us to drop Bulldog Brewer prices to Euro 449.95, the best price in the UK with free delivery in Ireland. We have only 3 left, even though we got 5 more than expected. We need to reserve some from the next delivery so please let us know if you want us to get one in for you . . . no commitment required. We just don't want to run out and not be able to get them.

In Ireland, they are only available from HBW. During the initial launch, we were able to offer great pricing because none of the other stores were on board but this may change soon as we begin to supply them. The crazy launch pricing is gone for good though.

We've invested heavily in these so we will be offering unprecedented support including some free upgrades and other support that will not be available at this level anywhere else worldwide.
"I am a firm believer in the people. If given the truth, they can be depended upon to meet any national crisis. The great point is to bring them the real facts, and beer." Abraham Lincoln. www.homebrewwest.ie

auralabuse

Gonna do my first brew on it this week. Looking forward to it. I will pop pics and a run through any probs throughout

DrunkenMonkey

August 29, 2016, 02:56:05 PM #362 Last Edit: September 15, 2016, 12:14:00 PM by LordEoin
Quote from: HomeBrewWest on August 28, 2016, 07:27:21 PM
Brexit and the weaker GBP have allowed us to drop Bulldog Brewer prices to Euro 449.95, the best price in the UK with free delivery in Ireland. We have only 3 left, even though we got 5 more than expected. We need to reserve some from the next delivery so please let us know if you want us to get one in for you . . . no commitment required. We just don't want to run out and not be able to get them.

Put me down for one of the next delivery - need to save up a bit first!

HomeBrewWest

September 06, 2016, 05:48:10 PM #363 Last Edit: September 15, 2016, 12:14:05 PM by LordEoin
We've moved this forward a week (it was the 29th) because lots of customers already have plans for the bank holiday weekend.

See here:
http://www.homebrewwest.ie/setting-up-a-small-brewery-1-day-courses-387-c.asp

We are planning to investigate setting up a micro distillery and present our findings at this course. Should be interesting.
"I am a firm believer in the people. If given the truth, they can be depended upon to meet any national crisis. The great point is to bring them the real facts, and beer." Abraham Lincoln. www.homebrewwest.ie

cruiscinlan

Quote from: Pheeel on August 27, 2016, 09:18:04 PM

What would the recipe be with the authentic malt? The recipe I remember had pilsner, Munich and rye. Are you going to sell the juniper twigs too?

Juniper is one of our few native evergreens I'm after discovering, so it is about the place http://www.gardens4you.ie/index.php?/Evergreen-Trees/Juniperus-communis-Hibernica-1-tree#.V9CRsq1Cg-I and http://www.gardenplansireland.com/forum/about749.html.

I take it you've no pilsner malt until the new stock from Viking comes in?   

HomeBrewWest

September 11, 2016, 08:33:59 PM #365 Last Edit: September 15, 2016, 12:14:12 PM by LordEoin
The Viking malts are all on order, pretty much the whole range. The new honey malt is very exciting, as are many of the others. Lots of unique new beers on the way here. Viking malts are among the best in the world, something to do with the climate there.

And these guys are way ahead of the curve when it come to the barley malting process:
http://www.vikingmalt.com/how-we-do-it/malting/

HomeBrewWest

September 13, 2016, 01:05:53 PM #366 Last Edit: September 15, 2016, 12:14:18 PM by LordEoin
We've now booked the Bulldog Brewer V2 units. These have some great new features and will be more expensive. We expect to deliver them during the first week in October. Let us know if you would like to avail of the deposit facility for these ones too.

V2 are limited in supply, and are currently available only from HomeBrewWest in Ireland. We will be supplying other stores here but it will be later this year, hopefully in time for Christmas.

See here:
http://www.homebrewwest.ie/the-bulldog-brewer-all-in-one-grain-brewing-system-v2-prebook-for-early-october-delivery-6551-p.asp

You can pre-book these at the same price as the original version, so you can save about 30 euros and also be sure to get one.

Leann ull

Rathbaner

September 13, 2016, 02:12:52 PM #368 Last Edit: September 15, 2016, 12:14:23 PM by LordEoin
Quote from: HomeBrewWest on September 13, 2016, 01:05:53 PM
We've now booked the Bulldog Brewer V2 units. These have some great new features and will be more expensive. We expect to deliver them during the first week in October. Let us know if you would like to avail of the deposit facility for these ones too.

V2 are limited in supply, and are currently available only from HomeBrewWest in Ireland. We will be supplying other stores here but it will be later this year, hopefully in time for Christmas.

See here:
http://www.homebrewwest.ie/the-bulldog-brewer-all-in-one-grain-brewing-system-v2-prebook-for-early-october-delivery-6551-p.asp

You can pre-book these at the same price as the original version, so you can save about 30 euros and also be sure to get one.
What's new in the V2?

HomeBrewWest

September 13, 2016, 05:28:55 PM #369 Last Edit: September 15, 2016, 12:14:28 PM by LordEoin
Quote from: CH on September 13, 2016, 02:04:18 PM
Did you just use the C word
Oh nooooooo. It doesn't really count though, I mean the way I used it was in reference to other HBS?

V2 . . . can't be the first worldwide to spill the beans. I suppose I can say it addresses some issues we had with V1, and efficiency will be higher. Google "Bulldog Brewer V2" and as soon as something appears out there, we'll fill in the blanks here.

The V1 guys will get either a free upgrade, or else a heavily subsidized one . . . depends on what price they paid. This upgrade will also increase efficiency, and has been ordered, again in time for . . . er, before the end of the year!

HomeBrewWest

September 13, 2016, 08:20:14 PM #370 Last Edit: September 15, 2016, 12:14:32 PM by LordEoin
What's also different with the V2 is that UK best price on these will probable be about £425. Look at the V1, cheapest UK price anywhere is £395. Google it.

So I think we got incredible value in Ireland on these, especially the pre-book guys. Its only here that we can do these deals; the Bulldog Brewers are not for sale on our UK store.  We got fully behind these earlier than anyone else worldwide, hence the superb deals on them here.

When we supply the other stores, prices will rise to allow a sustainable margin. Supply is still very limited and will be until much later this year. I don't think anybody really saw just how popular these would be.

One of the unique features is how easy it is to do hop stands . . . . you can hold a hop addition for as long as you want at 75 oC for example. Its just easier than dry hopping, so we'd love to hear what you guys think about this.

Fal

Quote from: HomeBrewWest on July 16, 2016, 10:24:17 PM
Some pics already on our facebook page, more to follow. One of the lads will make a "movie" from all the video clips today and we'll post it mid next week on our YouTube channel. I think we also tweeted, but not sure about pics. We've never really invested in social media, but it is handy for these events, so please follow us. We've also got some other super new products today, overshadowed by the Bulldog Brewer: amazing value new yeast strains for beer, cider and wine. First in Europe so no pics or info available yet, we might tweet about these as well if I can persuade the lads to take a few more pics

I'm getting very tempted to get one of these as an "end of the year" pressie to myself. But I can find any of your pics or videos on your Facebook page or YouTube channel. Can you post a link to them?

I do plan on dropping into the shop sometime but it'll be next month and I'd love to see a vid first
...used to be NewBier

cruiscinlan

September 14, 2016, 10:14:58 AM #372 Last Edit: September 15, 2016, 12:14:38 PM by LordEoin
Quote from: HomeBrewWest on September 11, 2016, 08:33:59 PM
The Viking malts are all on order, pretty much the whole range. The new honey malt is very exciting, as are many of the others.

When do you expect to have these in?

armedcor

What's the heat up times with the bulldog brewer like? 2.5kw seems kinda under powered. I used my old peco boiler for a brew last weekend and the time it took to get from mash to boil made me loose the will to live a bit.

HomeBrewWest

September 14, 2016, 05:33:11 PM #374 Last Edit: September 15, 2016, 10:38:16 AM by LordEoin
The Bulldog Brewer's 2.5 Kw is as good as it gets, and is more powerful than any other system out there. This is particularly useful when coming up to "mash in" temp.

After that, you may want to knock it back to one on the lower power settings in order to avoid scorching the wort, but that's up to you . . . we use 700 watts for mashing and then 1800 watts to get to the boil.

The heating element is under the base so that it doesn't come in direct contact with the wort, so it won't scorch the wort like other systems including the Peco boiler. So maybe you could go the boil faster under full power at 2.5 Kw . . . again, maybe try it and let us know.

There are about 30 of them out there already in Ireland, so I guess we will get lots of feedback soon. We still haven't uploaded video . . . we are too busy. I will ask the lads to prioritize it, although I have to admit I'm secretly hoping that someone else here will do it first!

As for Viking malts, hopefully they will be here early October.