• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
May 18, 2024, 04:16:32 AM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

[Homebrew Shop] HomeBrewWest

Started by HomeBrewWest, April 08, 2015, 05:34:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fal

Soooooo do you think I could plan a brew in it on the weekend???
...used to be NewBier

auralabuse

I posted this elsewhere so apologies, its a little vid  about the bulldog v2 https://youtu.be/2Tg8j7arn4w

krockett

Thanks for posting the video.

Do you need to use a hop spider to use pellets with this?

auralabuse

Yeah Kroc it would be advisable, or at least a muslin bag

nigel_c

HomeBrewWest

October 09, 2016, 07:23:18 PM #440 Last Edit: October 09, 2016, 08:25:46 PM by HomeBrewWest
Quote from: kroc on October 08, 2016, 03:55:28 PM
Thanks for posting the video.

Do you need to use a hop spider to use pellets with this?
Nope. There is also a bazooka filter on the inside of the tap. On a heavily hopped brew on demo day, we found that the combination of the gauze at the bottom of the malt pipe plus the bazooka contained the pellets effectively . . . we had just tossed them into the malt pipe.  UPDATE . . . . they were in muslin bags.
"I am a firm believer in the people. If given the truth, they can be depended upon to meet any national crisis. The great point is to bring them the real facts, and beer." Abraham Lincoln. www.homebrewwest.ie

krockett

Thats good - I'm finding the hop spider a pain to use and clean.

HomeBrewWest

October 09, 2016, 07:53:32 PM #442 Last Edit: October 09, 2016, 08:26:22 PM by HomeBrewWest
I think hop spiders have issues in terms of hop utilization too, or so I read here on another thread somewhere within the past week or so. Its great to be able to just throw in the pellets . . . you can be confident you are getting full utilization. UPDATE . . . . the pellets were in muslin bags.

I'll have to ask the lads but I think the pellets were well contained . . . there are some pics up on Facebook I think showing the pellet debris on both the bottom of the malt pipe and also a lesser amount around the bazooka. I'm not sure how much got into the wort we collected but I don't recall any problems . . . again will have to ask the lads. There were a lot of pellets in that brew.

"I am a firm believer in the people. If given the truth, they can be depended upon to meet any national crisis. The great point is to bring them the real facts, and beer." Abraham Lincoln. www.homebrewwest.ie

Fal

Good to know I was wondering if I'd still need my hop spider. What's the Facebook link?
...used to be NewBier

HomeBrewWest

I'm a Facebook heathen . . . try searching "homebrewwest galway".

Damofto

It looks to be a private page, the only photo you can see is your logo.

Fal

That make more sense the Facebook link on your website bring you to this page: https://m.facebook.com/homebrew.west
...used to be NewBier

HomeBrewWest

Good luck to Kevin with TheHomebrewCentre launch this Saturday. I'm very confident that this store will be a major success.

HomeBrewWest

October 11, 2016, 10:08:10 PM #449 Last Edit: October 11, 2016, 10:25:56 PM by HomeBrewWest
Reminder about the Speidel microbrewery course on Saturday week (22nd Oct 16):
http://www.homebrewwest.ie/setting-up-a-small-brewery-1-day-courses-387-c.asp