• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
May 22, 2024, 03:10:04 AM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

[Homebrew Shop] HomeBrewWest

Started by HomeBrewWest, April 08, 2015, 05:34:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Donny

Do you know if you will be getting The Yeast Bay Sigmund's Voss Kveik WLP4045 back in stock anytime soon?

HomeBrewWest

We have hundreds of White Labs yeasts arriving in 12 days, but we didn't order Yeast Bay this time I'm afraid.
"I am a firm believer in the people. If given the truth, they can be depended upon to meet any national crisis. The great point is to bring them the real facts, and beer." Abraham Lincoln. www.homebrewwest.ie

HomeBrewWest

Quote from: cruiscinlan on August 28, 2017, 09:15:25 PM
Quote from: HomeBrewWest on August 28, 2017, 04:31:25 PM
Good point molc, could well be that the drill is too powerful. Also the crush could be so fine that the rollers are jamming. Where do you get your malt? We have heard of small stones present in some malts causing problems with mills, although we've never experienced it at HBW. I'd imagine you'd probably notice this though.

Anyway, I've asked the lads to break up a mill for spares if we can't locate any spare cogs. So we should be able to sort you out.

Can't say fairer than that. Just maybe mention it to the manufacturers for feedback. Even wider teeth on the cogs themselves may make a difference in future.

On the not side, a variety, Viking and Best malt from yourselves, MCI, Crisp and Minton's malt from other suppliers. I've hit a stone once or twice and the drill kicks and I stop milling.

Btw whats the difference between this http://www.homebrewwest.ie/best-vienna-malt-8-to-10-ebc-25-kg-special-5598-p.asp and http://www.homebrewwest.ie/best-vienna-malt-8-to-10-ebc-25-kg-6861-p.asp?
The special is older and we want to move it on, so its cheaper. The other one (newer) only arrived here in February.
"I am a firm believer in the people. If given the truth, they can be depended upon to meet any national crisis. The great point is to bring them the real facts, and beer." Abraham Lincoln. www.homebrewwest.ie

HomeBrewWest

Web site updates
We've modified the pop-up menu structure on the desktop version of the new web site which we think makes it a lot easier to navigate.

Again, comments and suggestions welcome.

HomeBrewWest

September 07, 2017, 12:51:52 AM #724 Last Edit: September 07, 2017, 02:50:04 AM by HomeBrewWest
Expert Advise Please For Wine Making With Irish Grapes
Homebrew used to mean beer, wine and even low ABV spirits, but more recently the term includes anything home "brewed" like cheeses, kombucha, yogurts, desserts. Its expanding.

But this is a new challenge for us. One of our customers has been making wine from greenhouse grapes for years, but can't do it this year. So we've agreed to take the grapes and try to make wine. Cela pourrait ĂȘtre difficile. Has anybody done this? The wine "kits" we stock are "balanced", so all you have to do is ferment them.

But this is a different story . . .

johnrm

HomeBrewWest

Upgrading email services today, which might cause some disruption. Any urgent issues, just ring the shop on 085 8895488.

HomeBrewWest

September 15, 2017, 04:36:37 PM #727 Last Edit: September 15, 2017, 05:06:50 PM by HomeBrewWest
New Brouwland Products
We've just added over 100 new Brouwland products, anything from Keggle Bags for BIAB in 50 litre kegs and wooden mash paddles here:
http://www.homebrewwest.ie/all-grain-extract-and-advanced-brewing-equipment-31-c.asp
to a wide range of new Brouwland silicone rubber tubing (standard and also reinforced) here:
http://www.homebrewwest.ie/syphons-tubing-filters-beer-and-wine-strainers-22-c.asp
new oxygen scavenging beer caps and more here:
http://www.homebrewwest.ie/corks-caps-champagne-cages-shrink-capsules-209-c.asp
and the widest range of FastFerment accessories here:
http://www.homebrewwest.ie/fermenters-heaters-vinotainersbib-taps-19-c.asp

Take a look at the temperature chart in the image here (lager fermentation):
http://www.homebrewwest.ie/fastferment-insulated-jacket-for-fastferment-30-litre-7255-p.asp
pretty cool eh?

Also lots of new chemicals and ingredients from orange peel to vanilla powder (an interesting addition to imperial stouts?).

And of course, hundreds of old favorites like 5 Star chemicals etc. are back in stock.

The new White Labs are all PurePitch, we are still updating the descriptions on these. So any WLPs we have in stock are actually PurePitch.

HomeBrewWest

October 04, 2017, 07:31:31 PM #728 Last Edit: October 04, 2017, 08:14:18 PM by HomeBrewWest
Speidel Braumeister Special Deals
One time chance to get the best of the pack at mad prices. Grainfathers and Bullddog Brewers are cool but the Speidel Braumeister is just so far ahead in terms of . . . well, everything! Speidel quality and performance are second to none . . . they just won't compromise. But they ain't cheap!

So for October, we are offering crazy deals. Can't give specific pricing because it keeps changing with new product versions coming on stream so fast. Go find the best Speidel deals in Europe and we will do our very best to match them.

We can't sell below cost, but we are the only Irish Speidel agents so we can offer the best pricing; see here:
https://www.speidels-braumeister.de/en/service/dealers-international.html

Take a look: http://shop.speidels-braumeister.de/en/ and check out their new Braumeisters, and temperature controlled fermenters . . . . this is German engineering at its best. As a starting point, we will match their pricing (even though the VAT rate here is 4% higher than Germany) and offer free insured shipping to your door from Germany on orders over 1000 euros. We may even be able to do a bit better, especially on larger orders. And they have really good shipping rates to Ireland on smaller orders which we will pass on at cost. Please PM for quote.

So, why use Home Brew West? Well, as the only official Irish Speidel agents, we have a lot of clout with them and also reputations to protect. Speidel's support to date has been nothing less than amazing for Irish customers who bought Speidel products from us. If you are going to invest a substantial amount, you will probably want to be sure you have first rate support going forward.

HomeBrewWest

New Bulldog Brewer V3 Is Here
We have the first few in stock, and also a couple of Bulldog Sparge Heaters. See here: Bulldog Brewer
Main difference is a step mashing controller (4 steps). Up to date description on the Bulldog web site here:
http://www.bulldogbrews.co.uk/products/brewing-equipment/bulldog-brewer.html

auralabuse

Just to give you the heads up re the version 3. Reports coming in that the power setting can't be changed during a program. So if you heat up water at 2400 you can't step down to mash at 700. It can be worked around but forwarned and all that

Sent from my HUAWEI GRA-L09 using Tapatalk

SprocketFuel

October 06, 2017, 08:18:54 AM #731 Last Edit: October 06, 2017, 08:29:37 AM by SprocketFuel
Quote from: auralabuse on October 05, 2017, 08:17:11 PM
Just to give you the heads up re the version 3. Reports coming in that the power setting can't be changed during a program. So if you heat up water at 2400 you can't step down to mash at 700. It can be worked around but forwarned and all that

I'm wondering if that's people forgetting to change the power between steps and then remembering to drop the power when its mashing time.....

EDIT as suspected you can set the power for each step, once you have started the values (temp, time, power) are locked in for each step.

auralabuse

Quote from: SprocketFuel on October 06, 2017, 08:18:54 AM
Quote from: auralabuse on October 05, 2017, 08:17:11 PM

I'm wondering if that's people forgetting to change the power between steps and then remembering to drop the power when its mashing time.....

EDIT as suspected you can set the power for each step, once you have started the values (temp, time, power) are locked in for each step.
Very good, I had quoted from a few people on the bulldog owners group. Will pop over there and update them :)

HomeBrewWest

Hard to keep up, even for us. These just arrived into the UK over the last few weeks so its all new I guess.

cruiscinlan

Do you have those spare cogs in the shop?