• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 28, 2024, 08:09:24 PM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

February gig - Saturday 9th @ 2pm

Started by admin, January 18, 2013, 09:39:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

admin

January 18, 2013, 09:39:11 AM Last Edit: January 18, 2013, 09:39:28 AM by admin
Several people last night mentioned having the next meet before the competition, and on a Saturday. So here ya go! This'll be an opportunity to get your competition beers appraised before the closing date for submission!

If you want to move it forward or backwards in the day, now is the time to shout, otherwise it's 2pm.

Robrew

Ye thats on my Bday so I will be having a few beers that day anyway  :D, will probably be able to pop in for a bit :)

IsMise

Great idea, unfortunately I won't make it  :(, wedding anniversary weekend, and will be supping in Oslo bar in salthill about then  ;). I'll send my competition brews in with ColinC for reviewing tho.

IsMise

By the way, happy birthday Rob,  hope the lads buy you drink for your big day  :D

ColinC

QuoteI'll send my competition brews in with ColinC for reviewing tho.

If they last that long  ;)

I'll be there alright.

Robrew

just tried the wheat beer I am thinking of entering and although it is only 7 days in the bottle I find it nice  ;D, lookin forward to seeing the other brews, always find it great to try other peoples beers.  :)

Stitch

No reason I will not be able to make this one!!! My brother in law has started to brew wine but is finding it hard to find a club like NHC. Anyone mind if I bring him along??? He will have homemade white wine obviously.

Blueshed

should be able to make this plus hope to have a pt or two.

only bottled my stout last night the 21st, would it be ok to sample on the 9th.

Robrew

I am always interested in what the home brew wines would taste like as I would love to try brewing some for the missus  :D also cut back on those 10 euro bottles ;)

ColinC

I'm going to have to bow out of this - the missus booked a weekend away for that weekend.  :(

Andbody fancy bringing a couple of mine & Is Mise's beers along to help us categorise them for the competition?

Blueshed

Might be time to start a list:

1. Tube

2. Blueshed

Robrew

Might be time to start a list:

1. Tube

2. Blueshed

3. Robrew

Saruman (Reuben Gray)

I will stick my name down for now. I like Saturday afternoon in pubs  ;)

1. Tube

2. Blueshed

3. Robrew

4. Saruman
Reuben Gray

The Tale of the Ale - My blog about beer

Stitch

I will stick my name down for now. I like Saturday afternoon in pubs 

1. Tube

2. Blueshed

3. Robrew

4. Saruman

5. Stitch + 1

Saruman (Reuben Gray)

That was my plan yes. It sounds like the perfect time to drop off my beer too.
Reuben Gray

The Tale of the Ale - My blog about beer