• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
March 28, 2024, 04:22:05 PM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

CO2 from AJ Edge, Bray, and the NHC

Started by JimmyM, March 15, 2013, 03:25:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DoubleG

How long would a 2KG tank last? Yeah I have seen you can keep it outside the fridge but im in enough trouble with having a Fridge lying around with the other half that I might be killed with a CO2 tank sitting next to it! :)

Cahalbrua

Are these guys open Saturdays just rang to check but no answer

jawalemon

Cahalbrua

junkyardjoe

Definitely closed on a Saturday called in a month ago

Leann ull

They were never open Sat and close 330 on Fridays, you rock up 3.25 you will be told to foxtrot Oscar

cruiscinlan

If anyone is heading out there can they give me a shout?  I'm based in Dublin but no car so Bray is hard for me to get to during working hours.

cruiscinlan

FYI lads,

Fintona Tyre Service in Omagh, Co. Tyrone have confirmed that the price for 10L mixed gas is £55 deposit, £20 fill and £10 delivery.  Same price applies whether 50:50, 60:40 or 70:30 mix.

Contact is Mark on +44 791930812, he's happy to be listed on the forum at the prices above and he has stock in at present.  I'm going to get a 70:30 bottle myself and will update.

Leann ull

Agents for Hoby weld and these guys, http://www.dixonsgas.co.uk/cellar-gas-department, the €110 to start with I guess is a bit of an investment but circa €50 at todays rate for the next fill looks alright post some pics when it arrives.

molc

February 22, 2016, 07:52:53 PM #54 Last Edit: February 22, 2016, 08:12:26 PM by molc
Wonder would he do a group rate on a group buy... ;) I mean, all those guaranteed refills - seems like a no brainer for him to me :)
Fermenting: IPA, Lambic, Mead
Conditioning: Lambic, Cider, RIS, Ole Ale, Saison
On Tap: IPA, Helles, Best Bitter

cruiscinlan

Quote from: CH on February 22, 2016, 06:46:03 PM
Agents for Hoby weld and these guys, http://www.dixonsgas.co.uk/cellar-gas-department, the €110 to start with I guess is a bit of an investment but circa €50 at todays rate for the next fill looks alright post some pics when it arrives.

Where's the €50 for next fill coming from? £20/€26 for the refill, £30/€38 incl. delivery.  I tried to contact Dixon Gas before and didn't get a reply from them.  The issue is getting stock onto the island of Ireland, as regular couriers won't touch gas when it comes to overseas delivery.

Quote from: molc on February 22, 2016, 07:52:53 PM
Wonder would he do a group rate on a group buy... ;) I mean, all those guaranteed refills - seems like a no brainer for him to me :)

Ahh but would ye drink your way through 10L of gas quick enough to make it worth his while!

Will_D

Mixed gas is not like CO2. That liquifies so 5 Kgs of CO2 converts into a huge amount of CO2.

Mixed gas is just compressed so a 10 litre tank filled to 220 bar equals 2,200 litres.

So that is what is in the tank!
Remember: The Nationals are just round the corner - time to get brewing

Leann ull

Quote from: cruiscinlan on February 22, 2016, 08:11:35 PM

Where's the €50 for next fill coming from? £20/€26 for the refill, £30/€38 incl. delivery.  I tried to contact Dixon Gas before and didn't get a reply from them.  The issue is getting stock onto the island of Ireland, as regular couriers won't touch gas when it comes to overseas delivery.

Its £40, (51.37) a tenner to collect your empty to fill it as well!!  ;)

Ajedge

Hi, just to let you know we have Alloy 5kg Cylinders back in stock @ €40.00  should anyone want them.

Bernard

Pheeel

Quote from: Ajedge on April 14, 2016, 03:56:45 PM
Hi, just to let you know we have Alloy 5kg Cylinders back in stock @ €40.00  should anyone want them.

Bernard

Great. Do you know the dimensions?
Issues with your membership? PM me!