• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
March 28, 2024, 02:25:10 PM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

WEE SUMMER SUN – Thirst Quenching Brews!

Started by WackerGunn, January 24, 2022, 01:40:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WackerGunn

January 24, 2022, 01:40:09 PM Last Edit: February 21, 2022, 11:21:49 PM by WackerGunn

The Wee County Brewers are hosting a summer beer competition.

When: Saturday 2nd April
Where: Mo Chara, Dundalk
What: Refreshing Summer Beers
Categories: See registration website

Registration is now open at

https://weecountybrewers.com/

Each entry will cost €5 with a limit to 2 entries per person.

1st Prize: Winning entry will be brewed by Dundalk Bay Brewery, €50 Urban Brewing Voucher, 3 x WHC yeast packs and WHC Hat
2nd Prize: Loughrans 25 Kg Base Grain, WHC  hat plus 2 x WHC yeast packs
3rd Prize: Loughrans 25kg Base Grain, WHC hat plus 1 x WHC yeast pack

Plus possibly more prizes to be announced

Optional: Geterbrewed have kindly offered to provide a free pack of Lupomax hop pellets to every brewer entering the competition. When entering your Geterbrewed order please add a note to say which Lupomax hop pellet you would prefer.

The competition will be BJCP 2015 Styles.

Any queries please let me know.
Get brewing!!!

helmet

An email was sent out on Friday to all BJCP judges, both those who are already qualified and those that are awaiting exam results. We've had word back from a few already and one judge very kindly let me know that my mail wound up in his spam folder.
So, if you haven't received the mail please do have a wee dig around in your folders, the more the merrier!

johnrm

So you know, I am a BJCP judge and did not receive any email.

helmet

Quote from: johnrm on January 27, 2022, 09:22:12 AMSo you know, I am a BJCP judge and did not receive any email.

Hi John,

Yeah, the mail bounced back from your address registered with BJCP. Consider yourself invited!

johnrm

Quote from: helmet on January 27, 2022, 10:06:48 AM
Quote from: johnrm on January 27, 2022, 09:22:12 AMSo you know, I am a BJCP judge and did not receive any email.

Hi John,

Yeah, the mail bounced back from your address registered with BJCP. Consider yourself invited!

Ha ha, I moved from @eircom.net a few years back. I'm guessing that's the problem.
Thanks for the heads up.

helmet

January 28, 2022, 07:04:23 PM #5 Last Edit: January 28, 2022, 09:42:05 PM by helmet
Quote from: johnrm on January 28, 2022, 12:52:11 AM
Quote from: helmet on January 27, 2022, 10:06:48 AM

Hi John,

Ha ha, I moved from @eircom.net a few years back. I'm guessing that's the problem.
Thanks for the heads up.
Well you're more than welcome to schlep it up from Cork if you fancy it!

helmet

Miserable morning for it. More power to the brewing brolly, an essential bit of kit! Ironically getting my Wee Summer Sun competition entry on!