• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
March 28, 2024, 10:25:57 AM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Belfast Homebrewers - Club Meet - Thur 24th Feb 2022 - Northern Lights

Started by Bazza, February 07, 2022, 03:44:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bazza

(It's a bad sign when you have to edit the subject to add the year)

Hi All,

In an attempt to get a bit of traction going with the Belfast group again, I've provisionally booked Northern Lights for a club meet on Thursday 24th February at 8pm, upstairs.

Members current and new are welcome to bring the fruits of their pandemic brews. We only ask that you make sure to throw a few quid over the counter as well.

I'll start the list of attendees:

1. Bazza

Right. Looks like we have our requisite number. We are go!

Cheers,

-Barry

Whatever it is, I'm against it.
― Groucho Marx

Sokratees9

1. Bazza
2. Kilian
3. Stephen

With the caveat that I've nothing brewed right now, but it would be nice to get out, so if it's ok to turn up without something... I do have one bottle of a belgian quad that is about a year old, but I opened one a few months ago, and I think it was it that gave me the shits the next day!

Bazza

No worries, Stephen. No brews needed.

I'll put your dodgy digestive system down as your +1  :P

-Bazza
― Groucho Marx

Sokratees9

I thought this was tonight (but I wasn't sitting in the pub for the last hour waiting for yous, although the more I think about it, I'd be happy enough about that).

But unfortunately I'm not actually able to make it tomorrow night, as the wife has reminded me of other obligations I'd made. I was going to bring that dodgy bottle of Belgian Quad, so you've probably dodged a bullet.

But hopefully next time.

Bazza

Quote from: Sokratees9 on February 23, 2022, 09:03:04 PMI thought this was tonight (but I wasn't sitting in the pub for the last hour waiting for yous, although the more I think about it, I'd be happy enough about that).

But unfortunately I'm not actually able to make it tomorrow night, as the wife has reminded me of other obligations I'd made. I was going to bring that dodgy bottle of Belgian Quad, so you've probably dodged a bullet.

But hopefully next time.

Hah. No worries, Stephen. Hopefully see you at the next one. Hoping to make this more of a regular thing. We're looking at 6, possibly 7 people tonight, so not too bad for first attempt in eons :)

Cheers,

-Barry
― Groucho Marx

Bazza

I guess 6 was a respectable turnout for the first post-pandemic meet; especially given the shitey weather, ongoing lurgy, etc. Those warming homebrewed stouts were a great antidote to the weather.

Cheers to all who made it. Going to try and get another one set up for late March; 24th or 31st, most likely.

-Barry
― Groucho Marx

Onthebrew

Quote from: Bazza on February 25, 2022, 09:31:12 AMI guess 6 was a respectable turnout for the first post-pandemic meet; especially given the shitey weather, ongoing lurgy, etc. Those warming homebrewed stouts were a great antidote to the weather.

Cheers to all who made it. Going to try and get another one set up for late March; 24th or 31st, most likely.

-Barry

Is this still on for March? i havent been before but would be up for it!

Bazza

Quote from: Onthebrew on March 11, 2022, 04:30:46 PMIs this still on for March? i havent been before but would be up for it!

Hi. Sorry for the delay in response. I'm currently checking out the possibility of Thursday 7th April as the next date, but will post a new thread once confirmed.

Cheers,

-Barry
― Groucho Marx