• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 27, 2024, 11:17:15 PM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

The Great Quintessential English Ales Competition

Started by sub82, August 19, 2015, 08:50:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sub82

Roo

Life moves pretty fast.....if you don't stop and look around once in a while....you could miss it.

Bazza

Just kegged the second of my two entries last night. Hoping the knowledge that I'm taking part doesn't dishearten other potential entrants. Come on folks; it's still worth a punt. Consolation prizes are still prizes :)

-Barry
Whatever it is, I'm against it.
― Groucho Marx

Roo

Quote from: Bazza on October 08, 2015, 09:18:06 AM
Just kegged the second of my two entries last night. Hoping the knowledge that I'm taking part doesn't dishearten other potential entrants. Come on folks; it's still worth a punt. Consolation prizes are still prizes :)

-Barry

If you are entering under 13C I might have to bow out in that case.
Life moves pretty fast.....if you don't stop and look around once in a while....you could miss it.

sub82

Quote from: Roo on October 08, 2015, 01:44:25 PM
Quote from: Bazza on October 08, 2015, 09:18:06 AM

-Barry

If you are entering under 13C I might have to bow out in that case.

I'm away home to pour all mine down the drain.

Bazza

Whatever it is, I'm against it.
― Groucho Marx

banjobrew

First taste of victory tomorrow night when I crack open the first from the (no) competition batch! Yeo!
Belfast Homebrewers.

sub82

Dunkel

sub82

Roo

How's it all going then? The lack of posting has me concerned. All the eager beavers working away. My taste test is due this week. That'll determine whether I put it up for scrutiny. I think I can cope with being second behind Bazza.

molc

Mine _should_ be ok, pending a taste test at the next club meet when I hand it in. Don't want to send something that's not up to standard.
Fermenting: IPA, Lambic, Mead
Conditioning: Lambic, Cider, RIS, Ole Ale, Saison
On Tap: IPA, Helles, Best Bitter

robotmonkey

Ciaran

There was a bit of quintessential-ing going on yesterday.  Brewed this best bitter and bottled a porter.  Hopefully they pass the taste test.

robotmonkey