• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 27, 2024, 08:37:26 PM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Open Ardbir - Open source platform for brewing process control and automation

Started by gazz, September 18, 2015, 11:44:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nigel_c

Quote from: pob on October 05, 2015, 06:37:37 PM
Thanks to McMelloW for pointing me to www.3DHubs.com. He's a link to the 3D model.

Only slightly off topic but worth it.
Just searched beer tap on it. You could have a handle made up for each beer you have pouring in kegerator.  8)

molc

Fermenting: IPA, Lambic, Mead
Conditioning: Lambic, Cider, RIS, Ole Ale, Saison
On Tap: IPA, Helles, Best Bitter

McMelloW

Quote from: pob on October 06, 2015, 05:30:06 PM
Do you have pics of the bracket?

Were the PID figures ok?
I mean the bracket on the Graingfather with the 2 keyholes. I think of attaching something on the box like a beltclip you have a measuring tape.

The PID figures did very well. P=100; I=20; D=5.  Heated 30L of water up to 70°C  At about 68.5°C the heated started on/off. When it reached 70°C  i ket it for 15min. It stayed between 70.00 and 70.25 all the time. Pretty good I think
Greetings McMelloW

IBU = I Brew in Utrecht
with a Grainfather and an Open ArdBir control box

McMelloW

Greetings McMelloW

IBU = I Brew in Utrecht

pob

McMelloW

*&^%$*^&&

I think I just blew up my DS18B20. Connected the 5V vice versa. It is showing 84.50°C
Resetting or switching off/on does not change anything.

I have ordered already a new via ebay, but it takes at least 10 days to arrive.
Greetings McMelloW

IBU = I Brew in Utrecht

pob

I'd say it's just one of the wires coming loose. Check all connections.

It normally shows (similar to) 84°C on immediate startup then shows actual, within a second.

McMelloW

Quote from: pob on October 12, 2015, 05:09:14 PM
I'd say it's just one of the wires coming loose. Check all connections.

It normally shows (similar to) 84°C on immediate startup then shows actual, within a second.

Checked several all things and all wires. Reseting the box. No I think it is gone for ever. But I have already a new one. This works OK.
Greetings McMelloW

IBU = I Brew in Utrecht

McMelloW

My Open ArdBir is finished. Some pictures of the final result.

Everything in the box and wired

All connections. Plug & Brew. Disconnect and replace the original within seconds if needed

The back with a U-strip and velcro to hook it on the GF

In Manual Mode
Greetings McMelloW

IBU = I Brew in Utrecht

Leann ull

pob

Number pad, potentially easier to splash proof.

Both work, keypad a lot easier to wire up. (Mr AliExpress has some coming my way at the moment).

@McMelloW: have you brewed with it yet? Looking forward to seeing results.

molc

Anyone know where I could pick up a simple 12V DC power supply and connection before the weekend in Dublin city?

Doing a brew on Saturday and want to use my new ArdBir with a mockup of the final circuit. I have a transformer etc on the way from Germany, so just want a cheap and nasty interim solution.

Also, for my version, I'm going to make two boxes. One, which will be connected to all the elements, will have the relays, 12V power supply and SSRs. Then, there will be a control loom going from this to the ArdBir and some manual override switches, which will be in a small compact splashproof box on the brew table, close to the action and the temperature probes.

Should build over the xmas, so will post pics when I do.

Will_D

Quote from: molc on November 26, 2015, 09:24:46 AM
Anyone know where I could pick up a simple 12V DC power supply and connection before the weekend in Dublin city?
I can lend you a big one or what about using an STC-1000 (it has a 12v supply for its relays!)
Remember: The Nationals are just round the corner - time to get brewing

molc

Quote from: Will_D on November 26, 2015, 09:49:32 AM
Quote from: molc on November 26, 2015, 09:24:46 AM
I can lend you a big one or what about using an STC-1000 (it has a 12v supply for its relays!)
Will, you da man! I have an STC which I can use for sure. Just to verify, if I just wire one of the relay circuits with 2 blank wires. Then the relay, when active, will be +12V when it's active?

I don't use the cooling relay on the STC anymore, so I can just put two control wires from that relay and off I go :)