• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 19, 2024, 02:37:37 PM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

HomeBrewWest - malt trial

Started by pob, September 19, 2015, 05:11:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pob

September 19, 2015, 05:11:39 PM Last Edit: September 20, 2015, 09:39:56 PM by pob
HomeBrewWest have kindly offered to give out 25 KG bags of some of their new malts to clubs so that we can try them and give some feedback on what they're like.

We have secured a bag each of Best malz pale ale malt & Viking Pilsner malt to sample.

The malt is being donated on the grounds that;

*  This trial is for feedback on the two malts that HomeBrewWest are sponsoring.
  *  Each bag should be split up amongst the club in ~5kg lots, to allow a few members to try it out.
  * 2 simple feedback reviews are required per bag of malt that you receive, e.g. how efficient the mash was? OG vs other malts, what did it taste like?, would you use it again?, etc
  * Full memers only. See original thread here http://www.nationalhomebrewclub.ie/forum/index.php/topic,10664.15.html

Put your name down for each malt you wish to try:

Best Pale Malt:

1. Damo
2. Pob

Pilsner Malt:

1. Pob
2. Damo

JDC

I'd certainly love to try the Best Pale Malt, so can I put my name down for that?  I'll try the Pilsner if it's available, but if it's one or the other, my preference would be the Best Pale Malt. Cheers.
Garden County Brewers

https://gcbrewers.wordpress.com/

Give a man a beer, waste an hour. Teach a man to brew, and waste a lifetime!

pob

Best Pale Malt:

1. Damo
2. Pob
3. JDC123

Pilsner Malt:

1. Pob
2. Damo
3. JDC123

Added Jonathan

pob

The malt has now been delivered, add your name if you want to try it out.

Best Pale Malt:

1. Damo
2. Pob
3. JDC123
4. Fishjam

Pilsner Malt:

1. Pob
2. Damo
3. JDC123

pob

Best Pale Malt:

1. Damo
2. Pob
3. JDC123
4. Fishjam
5. Bugsyboy

Pilsner Malt:

1. Pob
2. Damo
3. JDC123

HomeBrewWest

Any chance of some more feedback on the Viking pilsner malt? Thanks.
"I am a firm believer in the people. If given the truth, they can be depended upon to meet any national crisis. The great point is to bring them the real facts, and beer." Abraham Lincoln. www.homebrewwest.ie

pob

We've had one member brew with it, hit gravities OK. Only fermenting since Sat.

Further updates when we've 2-3 more done, next couple of weeks

HomeBrewWest

Thanks pob, that would be excellent.
"I am a firm believer in the people. If given the truth, they can be depended upon to meet any national crisis. The great point is to bring them the real facts, and beer." Abraham Lincoln. www.homebrewwest.ie