• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 27, 2024, 07:51:13 AM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Trying new ingredients

Started by AJ_Rowley, October 10, 2015, 08:55:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AJ_Rowley

Came across this post ages ago and thought it was a really interesting idea. Especially ideal I think for those of us with kids and brewdays are precious and you like to brew different styles rather than hone the same recipe.

http://www.brewgeeks.com/try-ingredients-before-brewday.html

What's more is you can try it with most ingredients to get a real feel for them and know what they contribute to a batch.

AJ_Rowley

Meant to post this in all grain, couldn't delete it. Could a mod move it please?

Parky

Excellent find AJ !!! I really like this one, what a terrific way to test new hops, proportions of hops or steeping grain ratios :)

Thanks for sharing, I feel an impulse purchase of some mason jars coming on :)

BTW: The article is focused on extract brewing, so I think it's perfect in the extract forum.

AJ_Rowley

There are a couple little things from that website that were pretty  cool, from what I remember. But that was the biggest thing that stuck in my head.

armedcor

I'm loving his makeshift carbonation caps. Wonder could we get those parts over here!

Will_D

They are stainless steel tyre valves for alloy wheels. You shoud be able to get them in custom car parts dealers online.

Wether they are food safe I don't know but sure are a lot safer than my experimental "Ordinary, New! Black Rubber Tyre Valve".

Which works by the way!
Remember: The Nationals are just round the corner - time to get brewing