• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 29, 2024, 03:23:43 AM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

I Propose a Name Change

Started by Partridge9, December 10, 2012, 09:38:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Partridge9

December 10, 2012, 09:38:00 PM Last Edit: December 10, 2012, 09:38:27 PM by Partridge9
Propose Name Change

Northside Brewers

DEMPSEY

The night club,which is just left of this picture is known locally as "the blacker". might be a bit rough for some of ye delicate types. :P
Dei miscendarum discipulus
Forgive us our Hangovers as we forgive those who hangover against us

Will_D

QuoteThe night club,which is just left of this picture is known locally as "the blacker". might be a bit rough for some of ye delicate types. :P

Agreed Brian, I am personnaly amazed that any one living in Malahide would EVEN know where that place was and let alone suggest it as a name!!  Eek!!

Will
Remember: The Nationals are just round the corner - time to get brewing

Will_D

QuoteSince we're using shopping centres as the theme: Airside Brewers.

Errrrmmmmmm; SAYS WHO?
Remember: The Nationals are just round the corner - time to get brewing

Partridge9

Airside is waaayyy too high brow for the northside -
it doesnt have a dunnes stores for christ sake !

You cant have a shopping centre without a dunnes stores - and it need to have at least 10% loss to pilferage.

richieh

It is true that anything that is northside is only northside due to some connection with the northside shopping centre. It is a simple question of ontological priority.

DEMPSEY

December 17, 2012, 11:44:21 AM #6 Last Edit: December 17, 2012, 11:44:43 AM by DEMPSEY
Speaking of ontological,did you know that the pyramid shaped shopping centre over in Tallaght was called the square,because the locals could not spell pyramid. :D 
Dei miscendarum discipulus
Forgive us our Hangovers as we forgive those who hangover against us

richieh

QuoteIt is true that anything that is northside is only northside due to some connection with the northside shopping centre. It is a simple question of ontological priority.
So Richie, philosophical debate aside, what are you entering in the competition? :)

Ha! I didn't even see this. I have brewed all over Christmas and January, and I have a number of beers, I think I have one for every category except the risible cider/perry category.