• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 28, 2024, 12:40:07 AM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Reverse Osmosis

Started by Sorcerers Apprentice, October 26, 2015, 04:29:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sorcerers Apprentice

I'm considering taking the plunge so to speak, I don't have a local pet store which sells RO, the nearest is the place at the Mad Cow Roundabout, which involves 2 passes over the toll bridge on top of the price of the water. I wouldn't be long recouping the initial capital outlay.
The prices here seem to be off the wall compared to Spain, I reckon that they are charging 3X the price, I have sent an  email to Bricomart to see if they are interested in shipping to Ireland
Take look at page 208 of their catalogue for prices
http://bricomart.com/uploads/folletos/flashCatalogo/2014/Malaga/index.html

Edit: I'm presuming that the €68 model is the one most people are using here?
There's no such thing as bad beer - some just taste better than others

DEMPSEY

not sure as my Spainish is a bit rusty,like my German,my Russian,my..... :D
Dei miscendarum discipulus
Forgive us our Hangovers as we forgive those who hangover against us

armedcor

Seems like a decent system. Though looks like the tank only holds about 9 liters

Sorcerers Apprentice

I was thinking about just filling a 25lt container rather than using the supplied tank, either that or fill the HLT directly from it, is this possible?

DEMPSEY

The tank is part of the system and has a bladder inside that as it fills and swells it is pressurised. If it stops filling you can vent some pressure  from the tank to allow more water into the bladder.
Dei miscendarum discipulus
Forgive us our Hangovers as we forgive those who hangover against us

hassettbrew

How did you get on with the Spanish, any replys. I'm thinking of going ro in the near future

Sorcerers Apprentice

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=121586621560&alt=web
This was equally good value, you will need a 4 way control valve and a float valve. This allows you to fill a container overnight ready for brewing the next day

imark

Quote from: Sorcerers Apprentice on November 17, 2015, 09:27:13 PM
http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=121586621560&alt=web
This was equally good value, you will need a 4 way control valve and a float valve. This allows you to fill a container overnight ready for brewing the next day
Did you go for one of these SA? I'm in the market and am curious as to how well it works.

Sorcerers Apprentice

Not yet Mark I need to finish the brew stand first.

Ed

slightly off topic, but what's the pet store that sells it? none of the local ones I've asked do it round here?

imark

Seahorse aquariums do I think

Ed

February 02, 2016, 01:23:52 PM #11 Last Edit: February 03, 2016, 09:26:18 AM by Ed
Quote from: imark on February 01, 2016, 10:18:25 PM
Seahorse aquariums do I think

Thanks imark - I sent them a mail, here's the response for anyone else interested...

We sell the RO water in 10ltr €2 and 25ltr €4 size.
In terms of a container we take a €10 deposit on each drum.

edit: picked some up earlier - originally quoted prices from email were for saltwater (€8 for 25ltr); RO was cheaper (€4 for 25ltr)

imark

More expensive than I thought. That's convinced me to buy one of these units.

Leann ull

Have you bought it already? 5 stage system pumped is the best though yeah and about to pull the trigger on one of those myself!

http://www.homebrewfinds.com/2016/01/hands-on-5-stage-reverse-osmosis-water-filter-by-reverse-osmosis-revolution.html?platform=hootsuite

LordEoin

Just make sure that you have a collection system for the waste water.
A normal RO system makes about 4 parts waste for every 1 part RO water.