• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
March 29, 2024, 01:33:45 PM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Well holy God, god bless this ship and all who sail on her.

Started by Ciderhead, March 23, 2013, 10:26:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ciderhead

There at least 10 of us on here now, suggest me meet up at least once a quarter, my preference is Bray unless somebody has other ideas?
Can you put your name down for a pint or two in April in Hollands or The Porter House and we can all say hello.
No point in bringing your brews to our inaugural meet.
Vote on your preferred day of the week for a pint?
Please post ideas also for a name, Garden County was my first cheesy attempt.
Would like to see all levels of brewers attending.
Suggest at least 2 brew days during the summer and happy to host one.
One of our members has a new brewhaus and he may also help out ;)

1)Ciderhead

Damo

One of our members has a new brewhaus and he may also oblige.

1) Ciderhead
2) Damo

Sounds good to me!

A summer brew day would be great, Gives me time to get me skates on.

I'm very nearly there! outside is just about there.  One or Two jobs on the interior and I'll be good to go. :)

Ciderhead

Thomo

I'm up for meeting just let me know when and I'll see if im available.

Damo

Hi Thomo

This meet up will be the first!  Figure out what day of the week suits you best and vote.

On a side note.

I dont know how accommodating the porter house would be. I know Brian Holland fairly well, I could always have a chat with him.

I'd probably vote on Hollands as first choice for meets.

Thomo

The first 2 weekends are out for me but im available any other time so I can go with what ever suits.

Ciderhead

On a side note.

I dont know how accommodating the porter house would be. I know Brian Holland fairly well, I could always have a chat with him.

I'd probably vote on Hollands as first choice for meets.

Agreed then can you have a word, hence my comment about just Hollands beer on our first meet ;)

JimmyM

Ill swing by if ya dont mind ppl from the wrong side of the tracks attending :)
We've already established Damo's a dub anyway ;)
So ill be ok.

ps: I dont mind what day of the week - and i wont vote. And, ive a bit of a thing against the porter house bray ever since they refused me cos i was wearing a dublin polo shirt one day as i walked in with my ma!!! :P
Formerly JamesM.

andrewL46

I too am in Bray and will attend anything running around here. Work a bit of a poxy shift that leaves me with different days off every week so if a date comes up that im off ill be glad to help out. Know the guys in Hollands fairly well too and doubt they would have a problem. Wiked offie too  8-)
Look forward to hopefully getting some decent weather and group brewday, and that barrel project sounds savage!

Irish Party Ale

I'd be up for a cheeky pint or 2 to discuss beer-making plans. Garden County is fine by me, but I may end up calling the group the 'Dargle Garglers', but that's just my sense of humour ;)

Ciderhead

QuoteIll swing by if ya dont mind ppl from the wrong side of the tracks attending :)
We've already established Damo's a dub anyway ;)
So ill be ok.

ps: I dont mind what day of the week - and i wont vote. And, ive a bit of a thing against the porter house bray ever since they refused me cos i was wearing a dublin polo shirt one day as i walked in with my ma!!! :P

You would be most welcome as an interloper, almost certainly Hollands.
You can feck off Damo is a Bray head.
We are very selective about riff-raff in Bray, especially ones with tats!

Ciderhead

QuoteI'd be up for a cheeky pint or 2 to discuss beer-making plans. Garden County is fine by me, but I may end up calling the group the 'Dargle Garglers', but that's just my sense of humour ;)

Like it  ;D but its not all about Bray ya know  ;)

Damo

Called into hollands this eve.

No sigh of Brian, gone awol. I'll pop back in on sat afternoon to try and pin this down

Oisin