• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 29, 2024, 08:10:23 AM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Blichmann Beer Gun

Started by admin, November 04, 2012, 03:46:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

admin

Ok, so I borrowed Snuff's BBG a while back and only used it for the first time the other day. I wanted to bottle the remaining (award winning :)) wit and some English mild I wanted to give away.

As you've seen in the youtube videos the gun is very easy to use. What struck me as odd though, was that the one I used came with a beer disconnect for the beer side - nothing unusual about that - but with a gas disconnect for the gas side. That was unusual. I expected some simple way to hook it up to the regulator, but no, for gas it also was hooked up to a corny. Fortunately I have a corny that I only keep fizzy water in and I used this for "gas". I don't know what sort of fittings they normally come with.

Filling the bottles was a cinch, though the wit was over-carbed and foamed a lot, but I can't blame the BBG for that. It was also very quick. To avoid mess I stood the bottles in a tupperware container as I was filling them. It was fairly easy to wash out afterwards too when I was done.

There is no doubt the BBG is super handy, but to justify the price you would want to be bottling fairly regularly from the keg. That's the only down side.

Snuff

So that is where my spare gas disconnect went! That wasn't supposed to be there. Sorry for causing you confusion.
I would use a JG two way splitter to gas to keg and gun.
Primary -
Secondary -
Kegged - Red Dragon, Red Lager, HopWarOne, ThisIsntLager
Bottled -

Partridge9

QuoteTo avoid mess I stood the bottles in a tupperware container as I was filling them. It was fairly easy to wash out afterwards too when I was done..

Wash out ... into your pint glass !  ::)

Its a little messy with all the tubing and desperately needs counter pressure - in my humble opinion !