• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 29, 2024, 07:27:26 AM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Connecting blichmann beergun to corny?

Started by RichC, November 06, 2012, 12:01:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RichC

Guys, I'm figuring out my blichmann beergun and corny setup that I got on loan. The corny seems simple enough but I thought that the gas ball lock fitting for the corny would double as a fitting for connecting the beergun to the corny. It doesn't seem to fit. Can anyone tell me the name of the fitting I need?
Thanks!

Rossa

Will_D

QuoteGuys, I'm figuring out my blichmann beergun and corny setup that I got on loan. The corny seems simple enough but I thought that the gas ball lock fitting for the corny would double as a fitting for connecting the beergun to the corny. It doesn't seem to fit. Can anyone tell me the name of the fitting I need?
Thanks!

You need a separate gas connection to the beer gun. Either take it from you manifold or second keg but if just one gas line then you need to fit a JG Tee piece or Y piece so one gas line goes to the cornie and other goes to the beer gun

Will
Remember: The Nationals are just round the corner - time to get brewing

RichC

Thanx guys, the ball lock fitting I have is black but fits on the gas in side, however I dismantled the corny to clean it. Did I put the fittings back on the wrong side?
So it looks like I need a y piece and the grey ball lock fitting. Just had a look so it looks like in can get what I need from thehomebrewcompany. Does the gas need to remain connected to the corny for dispensing? I thought I could pressurise and disconnect? Do I really need the y piece?

Rossa

Best to have it connected at a lower pressure as you will just Ger foaming if the pressure in the keg is too high....or have your keg in the basement with the tap on the ground floor and the pressure should equalize.