• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 29, 2024, 07:03:56 AM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

counter pressure bottler

Started by DEMPSEY, October 25, 2012, 05:19:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jacob

QuoteSimilar to the prototype I have put together,however because the co2 and the beer share the same pipe,you will need to clear the pipe of beer every time you want to fill another bottle. :'(
?
Which one is shared? Video clip on the site shows that there are 2 pipes, one with co2 and another one with beer going into filler. Unless I've missed something.

DEMPSEY

On the video he has a long pipe 6mm which first lets the co2 in to the bottle,then he switches the 3 way valve over to shut the co2 and open the beer line. Finally the beer as it rises in the botttle pushes the co2/air mix up through the 10mm pipe and out his bleed off valve. This leaves beer in the 6mm pipe which needs to be purged before you fill the next bottle.
The one I put together has the co2 entering the 10mm pipe and the co2/air mix venting out the same 10mm pipe leaving only beer flowing through the 6mm pipe.
Dei miscendarum discipulus
Forgive us our Hangovers as we forgive those who hangover against us

Jacob

QuoteThis leaves beer in the 6mm pipe which needs to be purged before you fill the next bottle.
I'm not sure if that's the big issue. Once you'll turn your co2 again it will purge it from the pipe ...

DEMPSEY

DEMPSEY

Leaving out the 6mm and the 10mm pipe,the 6mm drill bit,and the small O rubber ring used to replace the 6mm olive,just under €40 including the vat.
The O ring is not in the picture,so don't go nut's looking for it. :D

Mike

QuoteLeaving out the 6mm and the 10mm pipe,the 6mm drill bit,and the small O rubber ring used to replace the 6mm olive,just under €40 including the vat.
The O ring is not in the picture,so don't go nut's looking for it. :D

Impressive!

Jacob

Got it y-day from Brian. Going to test and will put review here.

Rossa

What about bottling to different size bottles? That is a problem I see from other discussions. It'll take only whatever size bottle the cork and dip tube will fit. Am I correct there?

Jacob

Yes you'r correct. But with Brian's design tube length is adjustable so you can use different size bottles.

Will_D

QuoteBtw. have u seen THAT ONE ? Looks simple enough and it's cheap. Unfortunately delivery cost is $42.75 for 1, but it's $67.27 for 5 of them or $89.82 for 10 ... [/quote

Is the $67 and $89 the delivery costs on 5 and 10?

Did they quote a reduced per item on 5 or 10?

Will
Remember: The Nationals are just round the corner - time to get brewing

Will_D

The advantage of the american one over Brians is that its much more one handed as there is one valve to move and the purge relief and fill relief is done by an adjustable blow-off valve.

If you are filling a lot of bottles then I think it would be a lot simpler and quicker.

Who will run with this? Shall we start a wish list on the group buys?

I'm afarid there is a TOTAL parcel embargo in my house at the moment!!

Will
Remember: The Nationals are just round the corner - time to get brewing

Jacob

Is the $67 and $89 the delivery costs on 5 and 10?
Yes, those are delivery costs.

Shanna

Hi there

Any chance you would put a list of the names of the parts and approximate price. This would be v helpful as you could just go to a plumbing supply place with a list and just get all parts in one go.

Thanks

Declan

QuoteThis is a parts listing
Cornie keg group buy organiser, storeman & distribution point
Hops Group buy packer
Regulator & Taps distribution point
Stainless Steel Fermenter Group Buy Organiser
South Dublin Brewers member

Jacob

November 10, 2012, 03:37:58 PM #28 Last Edit: November 11, 2012, 08:31:52 PM by admin
Ok, finally got some time to test Brian's countrer pressure bottler. Cause picture is worth a 1000 words please take a look at the video presentation :)

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJ5OEMuc4Vw[/media]

DEMPSEY

Did you continue to allow co2 to feed in as the beer flowed. Seeing this only in my phone so the image is small.