• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 29, 2024, 04:44:01 AM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Vacuum packing machines

Started by Shanna, November 07, 2012, 07:54:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shanna

November 07, 2012, 07:54:30 AM Last Edit: November 07, 2012, 07:56:11 AM by doshanahan
Hi there

Anybody know/recommend a reasonably good quality vacuum packing machine that wont cost the earth?

Would like to use for hops and for food. Thinking heston blumenthal and and a water bath for reheating food

Declan
Cornie keg group buy organiser, storeman & distribution point
Hops Group buy packer
Regulator & Taps distribution point
Stainless Steel Fermenter Group Buy Organiser
South Dublin Brewers member

rukkus

That's the one I have. It does the job fine :)

Shanna

Cheers for the tips lads, was wondering if you need to use special vacuum packing bags or would regular zip lock style freezer bags do? If special bags are required any tips on where to get them?

Declan
Hops Group buy packer

rukkus

I tried to use other bags and it wouldn't seal for me. Maybe I was doing it wrong. Mine came with bags that work well. Looks like you can order more from the same guy on amazon.

Will_D

QuoteI tried to use other bags and it wouldn't seal for me. Maybe I was doing it wrong. Mine came with bags that work well. Looks like you can order more from the same guy on amazon.

I believe that the proper vac bags have an embossed texture so that all the air is sucked out of the bag. Think about a soft plastic tube: If you pinch it off half way and then apply a vacuum then only half the tube will be evacuated.

Will
Remember: The Nationals are just round the corner - time to get brewing

christhebrewer

Try these guys for bags.

http://www.weschenfelder.co.uk/

expensive but the best I can find.
Please let me know if anyone knows better.

Shanna

Hi,

Does anybody know if the rolls of bags are one continous piece of plastic that can be cut to size or are they perforated with a constant bag size?

Declan
Hops Group buy packer

Ciderhead

QuoteHi,

Does anybody know if the rolls of bags are one continous piece of plastic that can be cut to size or are they perforated with a constant bag size?

Declan

Hi Declan, the answer to our question is both  on a roll or single bags, rolls are obviously better value for money :)