• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
April 26, 2024, 02:42:02 PM

News:

Renewing ? Its fast and easy - just pay here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

Another beer brewer from Bray

Started by Larry, March 19, 2013, 11:01:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Larry

Hello to everyone!
I had this idea to brew beer at home for few years and finally, last week, I've purchased my first brewing beer kit with King keg. Coopers Canadian blonde beer kit is in fermentation process. Looking forward to keg it in few days :)
Beer keeps me alive :)

Padraic

Welcome Larry and the best of luck with it! We look forward to hearing how it tastesd in a few weeks time!

Have a look in the Kit section to learn a bit from the Kit brewers on here and also have a look at the South County Dublin Club section for your nearest meet up. We're meeting up tomorrow night!

If we don't see you tomorrow, maybe you might make it in for the next tasting night!

Larry

I just don't understand how should I transfer beer from FV to keg avoiding contact to the air?
I would be happy to come tomorrow to Blackrock meetup and talk about it with you guys. If you don't mind?
Beer keeps me alive :)

Padraic

Of course not, sure that's what we're here for, helping each other out! Stick your name on the list:

http://www.nationalhomebrewclub.com/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1360878505

Kick-off is at around 20:00 at the dark horse in black rock. But if you get there earlier I'm sure some one will be about! Not sure when I'm arriving yet!

Ciderhead

QuoteHello to everyone!
I had this idea to brew beer at home for few years and finally, last week, I've purchased my first brewing beer kit with King keg. Coopers Canadian blonde beer kit is in fermentation process. Looking forward to keg it in few days :)

Hi Larry, great to have another wickla head on board, will be staring a Garden of Ireland group in the coming weeks, any questions happy to help.

Ciderhead

QuoteI just don't understand how should I transfer beer from FV to keg avoiding contact to the air?
I would be happy to come tomorrow to Blackrock meetup and talk about it with you guys. If you don't mind?

What they mean is no sloshing it around in the transfer, nice and slow and gentle, avoid bubbles.