• Welcome to National Homebrew Club Ireland. Please login or sign up.
May 03, 2024, 06:11:23 PM

News:

Want to Join up ? Simply follow the instructions here
Not a forum user? Now you can join the discussion on Discord

80% off ITC-308 temperature controller EU standard outlet for review

Started by McMelloW, November 24, 2015, 02:46:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Garry

Quote from: Greg2013 on November 27, 2015, 11:15:17 PM
Quote from: McMelloW on November 27, 2015, 10:56:57 PM
Quote from: Greg2013 on November 27, 2015, 10:31:51 PM
Can this run a heater and chiller at the same time or only one or the other ? ;D

Only one or the other.....

STC1000 can do both....

I think your getting confused there Greg? The STC will only do one or the other too. For example, it won't send power to a heat source and a cooling source at the same time. That would be pointless!

@marinali29, welcome to the forum. It appears you have a vested interest in the ITC-308. We welcome your replies to direct questions but can you please refrain from plugging your product in an informal way.

McMelloW

Quote from: CH on December 14, 2015, 01:32:19 PM
Stc has a better wait time of up to 10 mins to save compressor
The ITC-308 has the same spec as the STC-1000 plus two alarms.  Delay time for the compressor can set between 0-10 mins on the ITC-308
Greetings McMelloW

IBU = I Brew in Utrecht
with a Grainfather and an Open ArdBir control box

DEMPSEY

STC has an alarm at 100 C. I have one connected to my boil kettle and it sings away after 99 C.
Dei miscendarum discipulus
Forgive us our Hangovers as we forgive those who hangover against us

Greg2013

Quote from: Garry on December 14, 2015, 03:39:30 PM
Quote from: Greg2013 on November 27, 2015, 11:15:17 PM
Quote from: McMelloW on November 27, 2015, 10:56:57 PM
Quote from: Greg2013 on November 27, 2015, 10:31:51 PM
Can this run a heater and chiller at the same time or only one or the other ? ;D

Only one or the other.....

STC1000 can do both....

I think your getting confused there Greg? The STC will only do one or the other too. For example, it won't send power to a heat source and a cooling source at the same time. That would be pointless!

@marinali29, welcome to the forum. It appears you have a vested interest in the ITC-308. We welcome your replies to direct questions but can you please refrain from plugging your product in an informal way.

Nope not confused,obviously you cant heat and cool at exactly the same time that would be stupid. What i meant and i thought people would have realised (sorry if i didn't make clear) is that the stc1000 can switch between cooling and heating autominously both being plugged in at the same time but only one being used at a time obviously.

I have seen a few of these devices but none of them will do what the stc1000 does ie. autominously switch between heat/cooling,they will only heat and you have to vary the cooling yourself or vica versa. ;D
"Be polite, be professional, but have a plan to kill everybody you meet."  Gen. James 'Mad Dog' Mattis USMC(Ret.)

McMelloW

Quote from: Greg2013 on December 14, 2015, 07:52:34 PM

Nope not confused,obviously you cant heat and cool at exactly the same time that would be stupid. What i meant and i thought people would have realised (sorry if i didn't make clear) is that the stc1000 can switch between cooling and heating autominously both being plugged in at the same time but only one being used at a time obviously.

I have seen a few of these devices but none of them will do what the stc1000 does ie. autominously switch between heat/cooling,they will only heat and you have to vary the cooling yourself or vica versa. ;D

ITC-308 does exactly the same. In fact an ITC-308 is redesignend and ready build STC-1000 with cabling and outlets
Greetings McMelloW

IBU = I Brew in Utrecht

Leann ull

Ok enough plugging this bit of kit it's getting embarrassing now, currently a lot more  expensive than an stc1000 on Amazon UK in any case

McMelloW

Yes, an ITC-308 (£ 25.49) is about double of a STC-1000 (£ 12.59) both Ink Bird.

Do I want to save money and use an STC-1000. Build in a box and do the wiring to sockets. Or do I spend more and have a ready to use device.
Succes in making your choice.
Greetings McMelloW

IBU = I Brew in Utrecht

Leann ull

STC1000's are available from China for €9 on ebay delivered, the price you mention for the ITC-308 at €35 the supplier will not deliver to Ireland so more cost with parcel motel.
I have no commercial affiliation with STC 1000 producer :P 

Simon_

Balls. Why didn't I view this thread sooner? I need to wire up another STC and my existing one is frightening looking.

Simon_

Quote from: CH on December 15, 2015, 12:53:49 PM
STC1000's are available from China for €9 on ebay delivered, the price you mention for the ITC-308 at €35 the supplier will not deliver to Ireland so more cost with parcel motel.

STC = €9 + Additional wiring and sockets ~€5? + ~1 hour labour + risk of electrocution and you end up with something that looks shit  :)

armedcor

They're definitely crafty bastards alright and I say that as someone whos getting a free stc-308 lol. I'd bought an inkbird stc-1000 a few weeks ago which preceded to get lost in the mail. Got my refund and everything so no harm done but received an email from Inkbird this morning offering big discounts if I pimped their product.

Leann ull

Quote from: armedcor on December 15, 2015, 01:20:25 PM
They're definitely crafty bastards alright and I say that as someone whos getting a free stc-308 lol. I'd bought an inkbird stc-1000 a few weeks ago which preceded to get lost in the mail. Got my refund and everything so no harm done but received an email from Inkbird this morning offering big discounts if I pimped their product.

Thankyou I thought some of those comments were a bit on the syrupy side
Ok so anybody posting obviously positive non objective comments is taking the soup shame on you

molc

Quote from: Simon_ on December 15, 2015, 01:01:21 PM
Quote from: CH on December 15, 2015, 12:53:49 PM

STC = €9 + Additional wiring and sockets ~€5? + ~1 hour labour + risk of electrocution and you end up with something that looks shit  :)
Sockets plus wiring aren't cheap unless you get them from an electrical provider, so I think the €5 is way off there. I'd say overall, both options work out pretty similar in cost.

I think my lunchbox STC is sexy looking though :D
Fermenting: IPA, Lambic, Mead
Conditioning: Lambic, Cider, RIS, Ole Ale, Saison
On Tap: IPA, Helles, Best Bitter

armedcor

Yea bit crafty alright. Saying that though if it's up to scratch I'll tell the truth. At this stage I've done enough diy electrical this year that I'm looking forward to an out if the box job! #notsponsored

Leann ull

Call yourself a Homebrewer
It goes without saying if you don't have the skills to wire your own stc and are not 100% confident in what you are doing...don't